The Mystery Woman | Teen Ink

The Mystery Woman

October 20, 2016
By Yasmin5 BRONZE, Sioux City, Iowa
Yasmin5 BRONZE, Sioux City, Iowa
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I was just a guy that was very dedicated to his work. Nothing else. I was highly successful. I could easily get whatever I wanted because my pockets were always filled with cash. Since I was so rich, I didn’t care what I did. I was always told I was snotty and arrogant. I never cared how I treated people until a woman came into my life, and changed it.
I was just going through downtown one day. Until something caught my eye. It was a beautiful blonde woman that was sitting at a table at a café shop all alone with a book in hand. She was just minding her own business drinking her medium sized coffee. Maybe I should try and go talk to her?
“Hello there. “I said
I got no answer. Maybe I should try again.
“Um, hello there. My name is David. What’s your name?
Still no answer. This time she got up and left. I feel so disrespected but also intrigued because I never had a woman do that to me before.
The next day on my way to work I stopped by the café shop to see if she was there. She was! I walked towards her.
“Hey, how are you? I tried talking to you yesterday but you kind of ignored me.” I said
“Um yeah, sorry I’m a bit shy. My name is Tess by the way. Nice to meet you.”
We’ve been talking for about twenty minutes, and she is so amazing. She’s so different than any other woman I’ve ever met before. She likes to read and is really good with computers. It seems like I’ve known her my whole life. She had to leave for work. We said our goodbyes and exchanged phone numbers.
It’s been three weeks since I’ve have heard from her. I’m starting to worry. I’ve called her three times these past three weeks and she hasn’t picked up. I fell in love with her since the first day I saw her. This feeling was so strange to me. I’ve always told myself not to fall in love because it would distract me from my work and that’s what happened.
I was out and about in search of her. It was like she disappeared from thin air. It’s been two months now and I haven’t been checking on my companies’ progress. I still haven’t heard from her so I figured I’d distract myself and go back to my company. I just found out that my stocks have not been selling, and my company is going downhill. I had to do something fast so I put my company up for sale. In just two weeks I found a buyer, they were anonymous. This was a huge risk for me. I didn’t know who they were.
So I took the risk and they bought the company. The anonymous buyer wanted to meet me. I agreed. I was nervous, not knowing what I’d would expect. I basically lost everything just because I fell in love with a woman that didn’t want me. The anonymous buyer wanted to meet up at a café shop that was downtown. I went and that’s when I knew who bought my company. The love of my life who shattered my heart and my dreams went down the drain.