The Queen and the Rogue | Teen Ink

The Queen and the Rogue

By TheRedAlchemist SILVER, Jacksonville, Florida
TheRedAlchemist SILVER, Jacksonville, Florida

FATHER

-ADRIEN AGRESTE (THE MIRACULOUS LADYBUG)

A queen should, get a husband and just let him rule, she should simply be a figure head. But historically speaking a queen without a husband is much more powerful. And has by far created some of the most memorable kingdoms. So the queen remained unmarried, but that’s not to say she never loved.
A rogue is to be a terrifying assassin, never to show emotion and to always be on the lookout for their next kill. But that’s just untrue. While some try hard to never feel they are only human. A rogue can love the same as any of us can.     
Ball gowns fluttered down on to a shining, glittering floor that had been polished for this specific occasion. But the queen stood outside on a balcony overlooking the garden in the open night air. Her hair was stacked up on her head, interlacing braids keeping it in place; her ball gown shimmered in the moonlight. With barely a rustle in the brush a woman in wine colored pants and an ivory blouse stepped out from behind a flower bed.
“My queen” she bowed. The dagger was visible on the woman’s chest strap.
“Rogue.” The queen sent a playful glare at the woman. The rogue snickered.
“Oh but my queen that’s such a foul thing to call me,” The queen turned up her nose haughtily.
“Then it’s fitting for you,” The queen said,
“Now I know you don’t actually mean that.”
“I should call the guards on you this instance.”
“Why would you want to do that?” The rogue leaned forward on to the balcony, very close to the queen’s face. “If you did that you would never see me again.” The rogue gave a toothy grin, the queen just blushed and scowled.
“Well I guess we can’t have that.”
“You’re right, we can’t, for the gods above weep at the mere thought of me rotting away in a dungeon.” The rogue said and the queen let her head fall in her hand.    
“You’re making it quite tempting,” the rogues hand flew up to hold her heart.
“Why my queen, you hurt me with your vicious words.” The royal giggled at the rogues over dramatics. The rogue leaned forward ever so slightly and gave her queen a quick peck on the lips. She blushed furiously, 
“Someone could see us,” the queen whispered. The rogue just gave her a sharp grin.
“Ah my dear you must be more open minded, if someone is to see us they should rejoice in our affection, and that the queen might actually get married” the rogue gave a quick wink while the queen snorted.
“You wish,” the rogue gave a swift nod
“Oh but who wouldn’t be wished to be married to you my dear?” The queen looked at her rogue lovingly, the other shared this look. The queen cupped her cheeks and gave her a small kiss. The queen smiled fondly
“I have to get back to the ball, see you tomorrow?”
“See you tomorrow; Hey queen?” the rouge said
“Yes?”
“Do you ever plan on getting married?”
“Who on earth would marry me?”
“I don’t know, a nice noble maybe?” The rouge scratched the back of her head.
“Please my dear, I would ever dream of leaving you behind”
“Ah, well it was a stupid question anyway” The rouge blushed, she should ask such stupid questions, if the queen wanted to get married she could. It wasn’t her decision to be made.
“Honestly. you shouldn’t worry so much,” The queen said “Trust me I’ll be here tomorrow and the day after and the day after, and as long as you would like.”
“Don’t tell me you’re getting sappy now.” The rouge grinned back at her while the queen huffed.
“Be quiet I was just tr-“
“Queen!” someone yelled from the corridor. The sound of pounding footsteps could be heard. The queen made a shooing motion at the rouge.     

Just me trying a diffrent genre that normel.