Heaven | Teen Ink

Heaven

June 6, 2016
By Anonymous

I open my eyes. I laid there for a minute so my body could woke up. The bed I was sleeping on felt impossibly comfortable. I stretch, feeling every muscle crying out, yelling at me for using them so early in the morning. I look at the clock 7:57 AM. I turn around and wrap my arm around my lover, snuggling up to her. “Peyton” I whisper softly, my voice extremely groggy. “it's time to get up, hun” she stirs, and grabs onto my arm, hugging it.  She whines, asking for more sleep, almost right away falling back asleep.
Gently I remove my arm from her grip and sit up, moving my feet off the bed and into the perfectly placed slippers below. I stretch my arms and my vision blacks up so I stop stretching and put my hands on the bed so I don’t fall. My vision comes back and the fuzziness in my head goes away. I notice I can hear her lightly snoring so I gently stand up trying not to wake her. I leave the room and realize I don’t have pants on, I whisper to myself “oops”  and go back into the room and put on a pair of pajama pants, and then go into the kitchen. I turn the coffee pot on so it can start heating up the water inside and get a filter out, then fill it with her favorite coffee. While the water heats up  I get a cup of milk and slowly drink it, waking myself up. I put the coffee in the pot and start brewing it. Eventually the rich, strong smell of the coffee fills the room.
I’ve always hated the taste of coffee, but loved the smell. I watch the coffee pot fill while sipping my milk. It finishes so I grab a large mug and put 2 spoonfuls of sugar, and a bit of cream in the mug, then pour in the coffee. I mix the coffee up to make sure it’s mixed well, and then realize it was the sugar spoon. I curse to myself. The mug was really hot to me, but I picked it up anyways and brought it into our bedroom.
She was still lightly snoring, I almost couldn’t hear it. I walked over to her side of the bed, set the cup on the bedside table and sat on the bed softly. I put my hand on her shoulder and she sprung up and yelled “HYAA” I fell off the bed and she started laughing hysterically. Music to my ears. I love her laugh so much. “I didn’t want to make coffee so I pretended to fall asleep because I knew you would make me some” she said, her voice scratchy and groggy. I looked up, her hair was a mess just like every morning. It was probably from our very violent, passionate sex. It’s always so cute, seeing her hair in such a mess. She orientated herself and stretched.  When she was done I gently put my hand on her cheek and kissed her. I picked up the cup from the table and handed it to her, and she grabbed it eagerly and took a sip, jerking it away from her mouth.
“Hun, it’s coffee. Coffee is hot.” I said, teasing her. She put the mug down, to let it cool off.
“Yeah yeah I know” she sounded like she was pouting, so I kissed her.
“Did that help?”
“A little”
“I’ll get you a small cup of milk”
“Nono I’ll be fine.” I put my hand on her thigh and smiled. “What?”
“You’re so cute”
“Oh... hush” She sounded so flustered, then buried her face in her hands. I smirk, contemplating on whether or not I should be a tease this early in the morning. I decide I will, so I put my hand on her neck and scoot closer, then my hand moves closer to the nape of her neck, then up towards her hair. I grab onto her hair and pull her head back and kiss her lazily. I back away and she gives me a dirty look, but not a mean dirty look. I don’t think she minded that. She gave me a half smile and bit her lip.
“Well time to get ready.” I say, then I stand up
“Aww come on babe you can’t do that to me” I started to walk away, then turned around at the last second
“I just did” Smiling widely
“Wait what are we getting ready for?”
“Oh you know. Stuff. Just put on fancy clothes”
“How fancy?”
“Like...$500 dinner...at 8 am.”
“BAAAABE!”
“HEY. No arguments.” She grunted and got up
“I’m showering first”
“Damn it okay fine. Just don’t use all the hot water.” I go into the living room and sit down. I hear the hiss of the shower.
After thinking about it, I realize she’s probably going to use all the hot water. Now the question is, do I accept a cold shower, or do I join her? I’ve already teased her a bit today. Maybe I’ll just shower with her. Like, nothing sexual. Just, shower. It’ll drive her crazy. I think I’ll do that.
I open the bathroom door as quietly as I can and come inside, strip, and open the shower door. She shrieks and jumps.
“Hi” I say, smiling as I get in the shower. The shower is really big, which is really convenient for this kind of thing. The shower head was really really big, which, again, was convenient. The water was burning hot, but tolerable. I knew she was going to use it all. She puts her hands on my shoulders and leans in for a kiss, but I back away. “Nope”
“What? Why else are you here?” She looked surprised and confused
“Well I had a feeling you’d use all the hot water so I decided to join you” I wet my hair and grab the shampoo. She takes it out of my hand and puts it down, and rubs against me. I turn away “Nope.” I say assertively. She grunts
“Laaame” she says, I start to laugh
“I know I am baby girl” She grunts louder.

I dry myself off and get my suit. It is a fancy suit, but somewhat plain. Black overcoat with a red undershirt. It fits me perfectly. Both aesthetically and physically. I go to my tie rack and pick out a grey tie with diagonal black stripes and put it on. Peyton kicked me out of the bedroom so she could get dressed, so I went out and turned on my computer and started browsing the internet...so...what I normally do. I hear the bedroom door open and turn around. I’m completely floored. She was impossibly beautiful. She was wearing a light green dress that was knee length. The top part of it showed all of her features, and the bottom half opened up and was loose. It fit her so perfectly. I can’t look away, so I stand up and walk towards her.
“You look...beautiful. Hell that doesn’t even begin to describe you. When did you get this dress? I don’t think I’ve seen it before” I say, she blushes deeply and covers her face
“Last week. Do you really like it?” She moves her hand, posing sarcastically.
“Oh my gOD Yes” I put my hand on her hip, pull her close and kiss her “Come on beautiful, let’s go.”
We leave our apartment, and try to lock the jenky lock. The landlord doesn’t want us to get a new lock even though I can shake the handle open. The crappy lock has proven useful in drunken escapades but still, it isn’t safe. I realize the elevator is still broken for the 7th consecutive week in a row, again, the landlord is too lazy to get it fixed so I open the door to the stairs for Peyton and follow behind her. Thankfully we only live on the second floor. We get to the bottom floor and I notice she’s winded. I look at her in disbelief “How are you more out of shape than I?” (Love you babe don’t kill me please. You know it’s true.) We leave the building and go to the infamous Howling Horror, who, as of 5 weeks ago, has a passenger door that can open, as well as a better clutch. I open the door for her, and she gets in. I lean in before I close the door and peck her on the cheek and then get in, myself. I pull out a blindfold and put it around her eyes. “I don’t want you to know where we’re going until we get there.” She doesn’t retaliate, to my surprise. I drive around the neighborhood a few times to disorientate and confuse her and then go off to my official destination. I did that because she probably would know where I’m going just by the turns alone.

I turn the key, killing the Howling Horror, the engine coming to a stop with a rough *Plufff* sound. I get out and open her door, and help her out. I face her towards the building
“Ready?” She hesitates
“Yes.” I take the blindfold off. “YAY!” She yells with excitement. “I’ve been craving Taco Bell...WAIT TACO BELL??!! TYLER I DRE-” I cut her off with a kiss. “I wanted this dress to be used for a special occasion” she says, pouting.
“Hey, don’t worry. I’ll make it special. This isn’t all we’re doing today. If I timed all this correctly, we should be getting home by 11:30 tonight”
She looks at me in disbelief “Tyler it’s 10:30 in the morning”
“Babe I’ve had this day planned for a long time.”
“Whenever you have plans like this something crazy happens, I’m scared. What did you do? What are you planning?” She looks skeptical, worried almost.
“Don’t worry about it!”


The author's comments:

I wrote this because my girlfriend asked me what my perfect heaven looked like