My Perspective | Teen Ink

My Perspective

May 9, 2016
By pai GOLD, Carteret, New Jersey
pai GOLD, Carteret, New Jersey
12 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Selfishness is one of the qualities apt to inspire love." Nathaniel Hawthorne.


That moment when he told her he couldn’t stop thinking about her made her heart race. The twinkle in his eyes and the slight blush sweeping across his cheeks made her feel on top of the world. She could feel a blush spreading across her face, too. That millisecond where their breaths met in between them, swirling in a little semicircle of mint and cinnamon that made her thank God that this moment was real. The touch of his hand cupping the round of her neck and sweeping her hair back made her legs shiver and her eyelashes bat furiously against her face. Her smile was involuntary, but she couldn’t help it. Every smile about him happened on its own.

That moment when he saw her standing at her locker, putting her jacket on made his heart jump. The smile she gave him when she saw his face made him want to pause his life and stare at her smile forever, just to remember how beautiful she is. But then again he could never forget. He got closer. As the skin on her cheeks melted to pink he moved in to her and could feel their noses almost touch. Her fluttering eyelashes and her pursed lips reminded him of the good in the world, and it was all surrounding her. Her hair smelled like green apple and her breath smelled like cinnamon and all he could think about was her lips. He wanted to kiss her so badly.
 


The author's comments:

Young love is a magical thing. I honestly have no idea what it's like, but this is what I'd imagine it to be.