Love Mimics Fire | Teen Ink

Love Mimics Fire

March 2, 2016
By AyeAshleyMartin SILVER, Candia, New Hampshire
AyeAshleyMartin SILVER, Candia, New Hampshire
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I love a boy who will never return the favor.  I love a boy that loves someone else even though his lips were pressed against mine long before hers.  I love a boy that I would give the world to if given the chance.  I can’t remember the exact date I started loving that boy, but deep down I think it started the moment I met him.  He came into my life and shattered my world, like a transcending bullet hurdling through glass.  He ignited an infatuation within me that withholds the bounds of youth.  I knew it was not lust when months passed and his name still filled my everyday speech.  I can't say my ties to him are innocent, my attachment to him is written in sin.  I had always wondered what late night kisses lead to, and he had taught me.  A perfect mistake I can't say I regret.  I am not the same innocent loving girl since him, my edges sharpened, my heart grew cold.  We weren't a love story merely an example of the harm another person can cause.  I fell to quick and he had already been on the ground.  My words written about him are a mixture of resentment, fidelity, and yearning.  I can’t say I wish I never met him because he's the type of kid to grow up and change the world.  He already did change my world, and I don't think for the better.  I wish I listened to the warnings of giving yourself away to a teenage boy.  You’re too young to love someone, darling just love yourself.  I wish I listened to my mom when she said don't play with fire because you’ll just get burnt.