The End of this Night | Teen Ink

The End of this Night

February 8, 2016
By hzvaughan8994 BRONZE, Denver, Colorado
hzvaughan8994 BRONZE, Denver, Colorado
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I saw you standing outside in the pouring rain. I stared into your sapphire eyes and I became hypnotized. It’s as if a spell was cast over me. I tried so hard to forget what you did, but at that moment I could see no evil in you. I wanted more than anything to open the door that was separating us and run to you. To hear you tell me that you love me and for you to hug me and tell me it’s okay while I cry on you.
A tear ran down my face and I didn’t bother to wipe it off my cheek, because I knew that a waterfall was coming next. I fell to my knees and held my head in my hands. I looked up to see if you were still there, or if you had gone. I was hoping not to see you, because it hurt too much. I extended my arm out to reach for you and suddenly you were standing in drenched clothes in front of me and your pale skin glistened. You put your hand on my cheek, but I felt nothing. I couldn’t feel your warm skin. Then, I made you disappear. I shut my eyes and counted for three long seconds. When I opened them, you were gone. You had already been gone for months, but I let myself remember you. I wish I didn’t have to let you go.