the end

The truck was coming. It couldn’t be stopped. On one hand a 50 foot drop into the bay, on the other an instant death.
The truck commanded by the crazed serial killer blazed down the free way directly at me. My heart jumped out of my chest with every beat. My mind was racing. Life and death surrounded my every decision. Jump and hope to live or stay and die for sure. I fell to my knees. I thought about a lot in little time. Was my life worth continuing?
My years had been short but not the best. I grew up with a silver spoon shoved so far down my throat it was hard to breathe. My life was over if I died or not. My love life was over, stupid rumors. I’ll never date anyone again. My grades went down the drain destroying any chances to go to college. My sports career had ended. My life sucked. It was all her fault. If she would have just listened to me then none of this would have ever happened. It’s all her fault.
I reached into my pocket, fumbling around for the only thing I had left; the one thing that kept me going all this time. My finger tips fell upon its smooth surface as I pulled the picture of her out of my pocket. My hands were shaking so badly that I could barely hold the picture in my hands. I never thought I could love and hate someone at the same time. The picture was the only thing I had left now. The picture of the one I loved.
My grip loosened. The picture blew out of my hands and into the bay. I watched as the last thing I had floated away.
The truck approached swiftly, leaving a trail of death and destruction behind it.
I stood up confident in my decision to either jump or stay. I stood my ground.
A wicked smile found its way onto the killer’s long skinny face. The truck was close now.
I counted down my inevitable doom. “Five, four, three, t…”
“Jake!”
A voice sounded to my left. I drew my attention towards the noise. There she stood the one I loved.
“Jake … I’m sorry Jake”
Disbelief ran over my face. Just like the truck that slammed into me seconds later.
The last thing I saw was her face.

smilingtillinfinity said...
Feb. 20, 2012 at 7:59 am
The end was fantastic ! :)

Everyone_Desrves_A_Chance said...
This Is Really Good I Abusuluty\ly Love It I Wrote A Story Like This Before But It Was A Girl Whos Car Stopped And She Thought She Was Going To Die

cefluvr43vr said...
Nov. 24, 2011 at 9:46 am
ABSOLOUTLEY WOW! THAT WAS AMAZING <3 <3 

BrittieVee said...
WOW. that was awesome !! like crazy awesome !

Fredwardness said...
interesting

layla-clapton said...
This story was really touching. I love your writing style! I liked how you waited a bit to reveal what had happended to him in his life, and how it was sort of cleared in the end. What I wonder (sorry can't help it) is if Jake had a chance to change his mind when he saw her face, would he gotten out of the way? *sighs* Alas...

Eveine replied...

IT WAS WONDERFUL !!!!

I REALLY LOVE THE WAY YOU WRITE.!!

<3