The perfect relationship maybe | Teen Ink

The perfect relationship maybe

December 13, 2015
By Nicole1110 SILVER, Indianapolis, Indiana
Nicole1110 SILVER, Indianapolis, Indiana
8 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"People always get used to beauty, though." "I haven't gotten used to you just yet," Augustus Waters


Once upon a time there was this guy that I really liked. We dated and then broke up and now we are talking like we are going to date again but it hasn’t happened yet. Let me back up and start from the beginning. So I was in this musical with my friend at our High School. We were part of the show and this guy I like, my friends neighbor, was part of crew. So them being neighbors for a long time made him want to hang out with her. Well that was all good except I was hanging out with her.

 

And that’s when it happened. I started to fall deeply in love with him.

 

I first learned some things about him. Like he had lots of guns and knifes, which kinda scared me. I think what really scared me was the fact that he had three on him when he talked to me everyday at a HIGH SCHOOL! Like does he have some other motive.

 

But then I learned something about my friend and him I had never know.

 

Their neighbor blew up her house which caused people close to them both to die. And every since then he has carried a weapon with him outside the house, but when at school except then. Only because it was a musical, there was no police, there was a bunch of people we don’t know, and some people are crazy in this world especially when they don’t like something.

 

So i’m talking to the guy and my friend for three days dealing with the musical. On the last day though my friend comes up to me and says Sam wants to talk to you. Now let me mention she had this grin on her face but wouldn’t tell me what was going on. I had no idea all I knew was that he had knifes and he was taking me to this room by myself with nobody else.

 

But thank goodness for me, all he was doing was asking me out. I was no longer SINGLE! It was a freakin miracle. Then I realized that I don’t really know this guy, it’s like i’m dating a stranger.  Like what was I thinking, I just met him we didn’t even go through the talking stage like most people.

 

So being the idiot person I am I broke up with him. I broke up with him because I was dating a stranger I didn’t know him. Plus I was pretty sure he liked my friend.

 

But this is why I am a idiot. My friend sent me this message coming from him about me.

 

“I’m not like most guys all I care about is her, getting through high school, and enlist in the military”

 

Like what guy has ever said something like that about me. Or even cared about me that much. The answer is no one.

 

So we went on talking and talking. Still just as friends, but it was like he was talking to my friend more than he was talking to me. He said it was because I never responded, but I guess I just had this feeling. So then a few days later my friend sends me this message from him also.

 

(It was a picture that said this)

"I don't want anyone else to have your heart,kiss your lips, be in your arms, be the one you love. I don't want anyone to take my place."  And he said, “I think this is exactly how I feel.”

 

What none of us except him knew was that he was talking about my friend. He later texted me and said that he wanted to make sure it was okay with me if he asked her out. I told him it was fine, but I didn’t realize that it was going to turn out this way.

 

He ended up asking her out with a cute sign and chocolate. They went on this date to this really nice restaurant. He was always buying her gifts, like the big teddy bear he always said he was going to get me. I felt betrayed, I mean I shouldn’t he asked me if it was okay. And plus my friend asked if it was okay with me if she dated him before she said yes. I mean they are happy, and that’s all I want is for him to be happy. But in my opinion that could be me. If I wouldn’t have been dumb I could still be dating him. I could have gotten to know him while I was still dating him. At some points you do still get to know your significant other while you are dating them, engaged, and even married. But i’m glad he got the happy ever after. I guess that leaves me on the hunt for my other half.