The Prologue | Teen Ink

The Prologue

December 9, 2015
By BrookeNicolex SILVER, Bucyrus, Ohio
BrookeNicolex SILVER, Bucyrus, Ohio
5 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
If you are not too long, I will wait here for you all my life.


Teenagers like to think that love is all about falling for someone in a coffee shop, meeting someone in a record store, and smoking cigarettes together while having a deep conversation about life and the universe. Well, I think it may all be bullshit. But hey, what do I know? I'm just another one of those teenagers, grouped into that dreadful category by people of all ages.

Older folks like to tell us that we don't know what love is, that we haven't lived yet, and that we need to experience the world before finding that perfect person and continuing to choose them everyday.  On some levels, they may be right. You may not meet the right person at first, your heart may be shattered a few thousand times before finding the one, but I would gladly let her rip my heart out at any given time if it meant I got to put her back together.

She is self-destruction at its finest, she may have destroyed me also, but she did so in the most beautiful way possible.


The author's comments:

This is part of the prologue from the novel that I am writing. It's inspired by the tragedy of real life heartache.