I Love You | Teen Ink

I Love You

By Outcast4God PLATINUM, Farmersville, Texas
Outcast4God PLATINUM, Farmersville, Texas

"When I look at the night sky and see the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars you have set in place-- what mortals that you should think of us. Mere humans that you should care for us.
---Psalms 8:3-4

I press closer into his warm hug, the icy wind turning my ears red. He pulls me in tighter, his face pressed into my hair. I feel his warm breath against my neck, sending chills down my spine. I feel him move towards my ear. "I love you" he whispers. "I love you too" I reply, smiling against his chest. He pulls back to look me in the eyes, his trademark grin on his face. "You're so beautiful," he mutters. I smile and give him a peck on his lips. He pulls me back in for another kiss. Everything else fades away. The cold, the noise, the world. Everything feels so perfect and right. My heart pounds in my chest; my legs threaten to drop me. But his hands on my waist hold me up. As we break apart, he kisses my jaw a few times before pulling me back into a bear hug. I cling to him as if my life depends on it. He holds me close. I never want to let go. I'm late, but I don't care. He's the only thing that matters to me. He's the only one who can always make me smile; who can always cheer me up. "That's my job, babe." He always says, "it's my job to make you smile. If you're upset, I've failed." But he'll never fail because I'm always happy around him. He brings me to life everyday. He is the first and last person I talk to. I cherish all our good morning/night texts. I love waking up to kiss-face emojis; he makes me smile, even in my dreams. I used to love dreaming about him. But now, my reality is better than my dreams. Because I can actually hold him, and kiss him, and be with him. And he tells me day after day how much he loves me. He tells me I'm worth more to him than the world; I'm worth more than life itself.
"Your nose is cold" he snickers, bringing me back into the present. "Your hands are cold" I shoot back. He laughs and puts his cold hands around my warm neck, making me squeal and squirm away. But he quickly pulls me back, murmurs "I love you", and plants another kiss on my cold lips.