Collisons | Teen Ink

Collisons

By meghan22 BRONZE, Fayetteville, Georgia
meghan22 BRONZE, Fayetteville, Georgia

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touches; they must be felt by the heart"-Helen Keller.

Rose's Side-

"Don't look up, Rose. Keep your head down." I thought to myself as I was walking down the hallways of most petrifying hallway of the whole school. Strolling alone on the thousand hall is anything but relaxing. When you look left, you see the huge jocks shoving each other back and forth. Then you look right, you run into the malicious girls whose words could cut through you, and in front of you is crowds of students hogging the entire walkway. "Ouch! Watch where you're going! Pick your head up!" snarled a deep voice. Caught in my million thoughts, I looked up and saw the most attractive boy I've ever seen in my life. "Oh my goodness, I am so sorry! I didn't mean to!" I squeaked breathlessly. "Yeah, you're fine. Just watch where you're going next time." he replied as he stormed off into the mix of people. Who was that handsome mysterious boy?

Finally I arrived to my favorite period of the whole day, English. The one class I can express my opinions and be heard for every topic thrown my way. Luckily, I had my best friend in this class with me. Just by walking into the classroom, I instantly feel as if my day became ten times better. "Alright class, we have a new student. His name is Mark, and let's all make sure he feels welcomed." In the middle of my warm up writing, I looked up. It was him. The mysterious boy has a name, Mark. "Mark, I want you to sit next to Rose because she is the all-star in this class, and she can help you get into routine." Mrs. Evergreen exclaimed. "Ugh, of course. You're the girl who bummed into me and made me spill my coffee all over myself. I was lucky I had an extra shirt." I froze. My lord I didn't know I made him spill coffee on himself. Great, I sit next to this hot guy and he hates me...

Mark's Side-

Wow my luck. I have to sit next to this girl who did not help my first day here go smoothly. I had to move here because of my dad's new job. If I had the choice, I would have stayed at my old school. I was the star soccer player who scored at least four goals a game. Now, I'm team less and friendless. Don't get me wrong. This girl next to me, whose name is Rose apparently, is stunning, but she ruined my best shirt! "Um, we're reading the second chapter and writing a summary about it. We'll go over it in about fifteen minutes. We can share the book for now until Mrs. Evergreen gives you a book." Rose whispered. I guess I frightened her with my harsh remarks. "Okay, thanks." I replied. I absolutely love English. I feel as if anything I say can be proven right. I love to see how others see the same piece of work with different point of views. Exactly fifteen minutes went by when Mrs. Evergreen started going around the room asking how the felt about the chapter. As I looked to the right, I saw Rose jittering as if she could not wait until she was called on.

When she was called on, her smile was a mile wide. "Well, I feel like the chapter is about how no matter how much you love a person, you have to realize you can not influence that person with your own thoughts. You might not agree with the other spouse, but you have to respect how they feel. You cannot engulf them with only your ideas. A relationship works both ways." I was in awe. Who would have ever thought she could get that out of a two paragraph chapter. She really was the allstar of this class. I whispered,"dude that rocked." She blushed as she thanked me.

When the bell rang, I got up and as we both tried to walk out, I bummed into her making her drop all of her books. "Hey, that was payback huh?" she giggled. "Uh, yeah. Sure. I'm really sorry about that." I said looking at the ground. "Don't worry about it! I'm really sorry I made you spill coffee this morning!" she said with a smile. I smiled back and walked to my next class. I liked her. She was something special.

Rose's Side-

After the second collision with Mark, I felt much better about making a mess of his first day. He felt his eyes on me the whole class period. I liked him. I'm glad he moved here. Who would have ever thought the first day he arrives here, I would end up bumping into him twice. Maybe it was fate.

I'm running late to my next class! Speed walking down the hallway, I bumped into him, AGAIN. He turned around and said, "We have to stop meeting like this haha." "Definitely! I'm sorry; I'm late to class. What's your next class?" "Biology with Tom, you?" "Wow me too!" "Why don't we walk together to avoid hitting each other?"he asked. "Yeah, let's do that!"

Mark's side-

Geez. How many times am I going to get bumped into today? As I turned, I saw her. She was mortified. I laughed because she looked so cute,but I could tell she felt so bad. Turns out we have the same class, so I offered we walked together. "So other than the fact of me constantly hitting you, how's your first day here?" "Haha, I like it here. It's really different from my old school but it's cool I guess." "Well, here we are!" She said as we were about to turn.

We walked into the room, and she slipped on a textbook. I quickly caught her, and we locked eyes for five seconds but it felt as it was five minutes. Something was pulling us together. I just don't know what it is.

Rose's view-

The connection I just felt cannot be taken away from me. I'm breathless.

Mark's view-

I have to ask her to go to dinner with me. I want to see where this goes. The force is pushing us together.

After we settled, I gave her a note.

Rose's view-

I grabbed the note it read:

Will you have dinner with me?

Yes or No?

Circle one. Please pick yes.

Maybe you can teach me how to be gentleman and do everything you said to do in English today.

I smiled and circled.

Both View-

Yes. Let's give this a chance. Three collisions make a right.