first broken heart | Teen Ink

first broken heart

April 24, 2015
By Alexandra234 BRONZE, Monte Alto, Texas
Alexandra234 BRONZE, Monte Alto, Texas
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
sometimes crying is the only way our eyes can speak when we have no words to describe the pain.


Were all those things just a joke to him? Was he just playing me? Were any of those things he would whisper in my ear true? All those times we would just hang out and talk for hours on the phone did they not mean anything to him. I tried making things work. I really did, but he threw it all away. It happened all because of a prank call. That call made my heart shatter. When I heard those words my heart instantly dropped and I felt terrible pit in my stomach. He was my first love. We were supposed to be together forever. My one and only. It all happened because of that stupid phone call. Me and my friend were bored and decided to prank call someone and his name was the first one to pop up. She pressed his name and it started ringing. I sat there quietly in the corner next to her. He picked up and when he did his voice boomed through the room, “Umm hello,” he said confused. I panicked, forgot what I was supposed to say. It had been so long since I’ve heard that voice, his voice. I looked at my friend telling her I couldn’t do it. She took over. “Do you have a girlfriend,” she asked. “Um yeah why?”  My whole world suddenly dropped. Why? I thought we were going to be together? Why didn’t he ever tell me? I felt like bursting into tears, but I couldn’t, not here. My friend had hung up and looked to me, silently asking if I was okay. I nodded. We talked for a while and then she had to leave. Right when she stepped out of my room I burst out crying. A million questions popped into my head. A quote my friend showed me earlier popped into my mind. “If it doesn’t break your heart it isn’t love.” Oh no. I couldn’t love him could I? Oh I’m in a pickle. I love him. Oh my. I can’t believe it. I sat there, in my room, thinking. My phone suddenly brought me back to reality. I jumped up, startled from the ringer. I looked at my phone and saw it was a skype video call, from him. I quickly wiped my face free of any tears. I picked up my phone and answered it. He was talking to someone, probably not knowing I had answered. I felt the tears pricked the corners of my eyes. I can’t do this. I don’t know why I answered. He suddenly turned and faced me. He had a serious look on his face. “I know it was you,” he said. What was he talking about? “What?” “You’re the one that called me.” Oh that. I turned away embarrassed. “Sorry.” He started laughing. I smiled. He turned to me and whispered so quietly that it was barely audio able, “I’m sorry. I should have told you. I knew how you felt and I still broke your heart. I just want you to know that I still care about you though.” I was suddenly angry, “-You can’t just break someone’s heart and then say you still care about them- “I yelled. “I was trying to be nice you now but forget it.” “Like I care about you anymore.” At least I wasn’t being a wimp because a guy broke my heart,” said in a girly voice. “You know what –You’re the first person that broke my heart. For the rest of my life you will always be the one who hurt me the most. Don’t forget that,” I yelled at him, “you know- Love is like handing someone a gun, having them point it at your heart, and trusting them to never pull the trigger- and you pulled the trigger. “Y-y-you loved me?” “No duh Sherlock. I thought you knew that.” He was quiet. He didn’t say a word. There was an awkward silence between us and I didn’t know what to do. I could feel my anger simmering down, but right when it was gone, the water works came out. I burst into tears and I couldn’t stop them. “Don’t cry. Come on please don’t cry.” My tears kept on coming. After about 6 minutes of crying I stopped.  “Are you okay? Why were you crying?” “-Sometimes crying is the only way your eyes speak when your mouth can’t explain how broken your heart is-,” I said. He had a pitiful look on his face. I immediately hung up the call and sobbed into my pillow. Were all those things just a joke to him? Was he just playing me? Were any of those things he would whisper in my ear true? All those times we would just hang out and talk for hours on the phone did they not mean anything to him? I fell asleep with all this in my head. I fell asleep with my first broken heart, and it hurt like hell on the inside.


The author's comments:

hey guys!!!!! i got this idea from a friend so please dont judge cause i know it sucks. well ciyaaa