Date Gone Wrong | Teen Ink

Date Gone Wrong

By daniela4321 BRONZE, Canutilllo, Texas
daniela4321 BRONZE, Canutilllo, Texas

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

"So it's a date," Roger said."Yeah, Saturday at 4:00 right,"Lily said."Oh yeah," Roger replied.Lily goes runing back to her giggling friends and the weird reamarks they have to say about her encounter with Roger.While Roger goes back to his fist bumping friends shouting "yaya," to each other.Lily was the prettiest girl in school she had everything that any girl could have wanted. While Roger on the other hand was a skater boy who had no sense in style.

When Lily got home that day she goes running to her mother to tell her the daily news."SKater boy?" her mother said astonished."Yeah , and he asked me to be his girlfriend," the girl replied excitedly."Okay hunny I trust your judgment,"said her mother."Can I havesome money for a bathing suit,"Lily said."Lilt where on earth is this boy taking you,"exclaimed the mother."Rock-a-Hoola Waterpark!""Fine," her mother said.Lily goes running out the door to meet her friends at the mall to buy the newest swimsuit the 60's can have.

Roger goes home to a single mother who is looking at her bills trying to figure out how they are goig to make it next month."Hi mom,"Roger says. "Hello sweetie how was your day?"his mother says trying to wipe tears from tierd eyes."Excellent I asked her out taday" he said eagerly."Oh how wonderful what did she say.""She said yes,"he said."That's wonderful,"she said.Roger goes to his room and to his box of money he's been saving since last summer for this day he planned about since last year.All he needs is new swimming trunks but he can't afford them."I suppose theseold hand-me-downs will do," he whispered to himself and went to bed.

The next day Lily gets ready with her beautiful new swimsuit that hugged her like an old friend. Roger gets ready with the baggy trunks that were his brothers, they didn't flatter him at all. When Roger gets to Lily's house he meets her mom and then leaves with Lily to Rock-a-Hoola. When Roger and Lily were on a brodge a drunk driver went into their lane and hit them head on. They go into a sleep that lasted almost a lifetime. The drunk driver didn't get away either he wasn't wearing seat belt and went flying onto the pavement that awaited his lifeless limbs.No one else was around to witness this horrific collision.

When they awoke they saw what lookes like the future unstead of the old dodge pioneer they had, it was these plastic beautiful things ridingsmoothly across the bridge."I'm scared," said Lily. "I am too," said Roger."let's go to the waterpark maybe they're still opened,"said Roger. They headed towards the waterpark to find that it is closed and nasty.They go in to the waterpark to look around for someone who could assist them with their confusion. They go in to see cockroaches flying around and food decaying like out of nowhere everyone got up anf left to never come back.

They go in further out of curiosity more now than the need for assistance, to find a large man standing behind them breathing heavily as if he ran a marathon."Who are you and what year is it?"Roger asks anxciously."Why I am simply a man without a home and as for the year it is the 90's."