The Sun and The Moon | Teen Ink

The Sun and The Moon

By JustLizzie BRONZE, Irving, Texas
JustLizzie BRONZE, Irving, Texas
1 article 2 photos 1 comment

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein

The sun and the moon so far apart yet so close together…
  Picture a boy, golden hair radiating in the sun. Brilliant burning, intense caramel eyes and rough freckled skin. Running in the grass, exuberating energy.
Incandescently happy. he's a fiery boy, He is the sun.
   Now picture a girl long, light nut brown hair drifting in a calm wind. Brilliant soft cool grey-blue eyes seeing seemingly through you. So soft spoken, grazing her hand through the top of a pond in the moonlight.
the very embodiment of peace and equanimity. She is a dream, She is the moon.
  Picture now these two together. Her keeping him grounded. Him lighting her world with mischief and wonder. Two of a kind falling in love in one breath. As swiftly
as a petal in the wind and as strong as a blaze of fire.
Together these two set the world on fire and invigorated it. Moving the beauty of the waves.
both with their own light that shone brighter as their love grew stronger.
  Although… I left a part out. These two never saw each other. For one was day and one was night. Yet each knew that as they drifted to sleep, they were making room for one that was so
completely opposite yet just as bewitching. they knew this other was just like them. Just like yin
and yang, so different, so similar.
     They would always love thoroughly and without question….

I was so proud of this once it was complete. Sorry for the grammatical errors, they are my kryptonite!
However, hooray for my first upload!!!

on Apr. 15 2015 at 7:38 pm
JustLizzie BRONZE, Irving, Texas
1 article 2 photos 1 comment

If you guys don't like it...could you at least tell me why? I would love to be able to improve...