A Love Letter To You | Teen Ink

A Love Letter To You

March 18, 2015
By Johnny666 GOLD, Kincardine, South Carolina
Johnny666 GOLD, Kincardine, South Carolina
13 articles 4 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and while you might miss it.


A Love Letter To You
Just enter your name and traits and feel loved.
Dear you,
I met you and I fell in love. Not in the cheesy I thought you were beautiful way. No, I fell in love because of the way you were sitting there. You had on a swimsuit but it was clear you weren’t quite comfortable in it. I would have fell in love with you if you were wearing a snow suit. It was the way you were doodling your name in the sand in big curly letters. I could tell your personality just from the way you were biting your lip as if this name in the sand needed every ounce of concentration you could give it. I fell in love with the way your hair was tousled over your head, long, short, perhaps you were bald. It was just the way it was placed so that I could tell you didn’t really care about those types of things. You sat with your friends with your back slightly turned. I could tell you weren’t the leader, but I liked that about you. Your toe meandering in the sand like it had a life of its own. You put your head back and blew out into the air then looked around to see if anyone saw you. I loved the way you looked around. With your blue/green/hazel/dog’s breakfast/brown puppy dog eyes so intent in every detail of the world. Like you were soaking it all in for the first time. And I thought to myself that I needed to meet you, and I needed to get the honour to treat you how you deserved to be treated. I needed the chance to buy you a valentine’s teddy bear and a birthday present that only I would know exactly what you wanted. You are everything I ever wanted. So yes I fell in love with you at first sight, but at that sight I knew that we, as flawed, imperfect, irresponsible people, were meant to be.

Love, the person you imagined saying this to you


The author's comments:

Everyone deserves a loving soulmate love letter.