A Love Letter To You | Teen Ink

A Love Letter To You

By Johnny666 GOLD, Kincardine, South Carolina
Johnny666 GOLD, Kincardine, South Carolina

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and while you might miss it.

A Love Letter To You
Just enter your name and traits and feel loved.
Dear you,
I met you and I fell in love. Not in the cheesy I thought you were beautiful way. No, I fell in love because of the way you were sitting there. You had on a swimsuit but it was clear you weren’t quite comfortable in it. I would have fell in love with you if you were wearing a snow suit. It was the way you were doodling your name in the sand in big curly letters. I could tell your personality just from the way you were biting your lip as if this name in the sand needed every ounce of concentration you could give it. I fell in love with the way your hair was tousled over your head, long, short, perhaps you were bald. It was just the way it was placed so that I could tell you didn’t really care about those types of things. You sat with your friends with your back slightly turned. I could tell you weren’t the leader, but I liked that about you. Your toe meandering in the sand like it had a life of its own. You put your head back and blew out into the air then looked around to see if anyone saw you. I loved the way you looked around. With your blue/green/hazel/dog’s breakfast/brown puppy dog eyes so intent in every detail of the world. Like you were soaking it all in for the first time. And I thought to myself that I needed to meet you, and I needed to get the honour to treat you how you deserved to be treated. I needed the chance to buy you a valentine’s teddy bear and a birthday present that only I would know exactly what you wanted. You are everything I ever wanted. So yes I fell in love with you at first sight, but at that sight I knew that we, as flawed, imperfect, irresponsible people, were meant to be.

Love, the person you imagined saying this to you

Everyone deserves a loving soulmate love letter.