The Boy of My Dreams Part 3 | Teen Ink

The Boy of My Dreams Part 3

By _EffortlesslyShnazzy_ PLATINUM, Ooltewah, Tennessee
_EffortlesslyShnazzy_ PLATINUM, Ooltewah, Tennessee

"If I waited until I felt like writing, I'd never write at all."

I wait until my mother and sister exit the car before I unleash my fury on them. My hands are akimbo as I settle my glare on them.
"What is wrong with you guys? A boy has an interest in me and you guys just have to act like total nut cases!" My face heats up as I screech.
My mother and sister's mouths hang wide open in shock as I carry out my tirade.
"Ugh, sometimes I wish I wasn't related to you guys!"
I abruptly turn on my heel and storm into the house, slamming the door behind me. I race up to my room and throw myself down on my purple comforter. Tears of embarrassment and anger start to seep from my closed eyelids and my head throbs as a pounding headache tears its way to the surface.
I awake hours later, my face feeling nasty with a smear of dried tears. I drag myself out of bed and into the bathroom, looking at myself in the mirror. An oval face, streaked with mascara and bags under my eyes, greet me. I quickly wash my face and take my hair out of its ponytail, letting it flow free around my shoulders. I sigh as I exit the bathroom, knowing that the time to do my homework had arrived.
I grudgingly yank my books out of my backpack, laying my math book open on the top. After spending a few hours doing all my homework it's already 9:30. I shut my books and push them onto my bedside table. I get out of bed and make my way back into the bathroom to take a shower.
After washing off the day I change into my PJ's and crawl into bed, opening up my latest read, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. It's an exciting book and I love the problematic relationship between Peeta and Katniss. Even through all the trouble they go through to defy their capital; they make it through, together. That thought lingered in my mind as I drifted off to sleep.

The same boy infiltrated my dreams that night.

He stands before me, on his face a small smile. I reach my hands out to touch him, pressing my palm to his cheek. I try to memorize the feel of his skin under mine, smooth with an angular jaw, strong features. He lets my hands rest there for a moment before his places his over mine, gently removing it from his face. He leans in and his lips press against mine again, at first softly and tenderly, but then his lips take on a different feel, moving urgently over mine, euphoria shooting through my veins. I gasp slightly, my lips separating from his.

Looking up into his stormy-blue eyes, a thread of recognition pricks my brain, but is lost as his face clouds over, his sharp features muddied into a shapeless blob of color. The rest of his body fades into the darkness my hands passing through the air, like nothing was ever there. I desperately reach out hoping to connect with some tangible part of him but his form dissipates into the air until only his eyes remain. His eyes imprint themselves into my mind, before they too are gone, lost in a sea of darkness . . .

I cry out and open my eyes find myself alone, lying in my bed, surrounded by the walls of my room, my bed sheets damp, fresh, hot tears staining my cheeks. I take deep breaths to calm the shudders running through my body, wiping my face of tears. My teary gaze scans the room, and falls on my alarm clock. The time is 6:45, but I know I set my alarm clock for 6:50. I flip the switch on my clock, turning it off before it starts ringing.

I drag my body out of bed and into my adjoining bathroom to take my shower. Stepping into the shower, the hot water stings my skin, washing away the impurities and tiredness. I stand still, letting my body relax under the steady stream. The water becomes tepid and I turn off the shower. I step out of the shower unto my gel mat, grabbing my blue towel hanging by the door. Wrapping the towel around my torso I enter my room, heading toward my drawers to grab some clothes.

Glancing at my alarm clock I gasp slightly at the sight. The clock reads 7:30, and if I didn't hurry I was going to be late for school. I throw on my bra and undies, rushing to my closet to put on my clothes for school. But standing in front of my closet I hesitate before selecting my usual attire. My thoughts drift to Enzo, the new student and how seemingly perfect he is. Then shaking my head I wonder what's going on with me, I had only just met the guy. I didn't even know anything about him . . . other than his name of course.

I pull my favorite jeans out of the drawer by my closet, reaching deep into my closet to pull out a cute sweater my sister had bought for me a while ago that I had never worn. After putting them both on, I securitize myself in the mirror, a smile making its way onto my face. I decide to wear my hair down today, lightly brushing it to keep it from frizzing. After one last look, I practically skip down the hallway, only slowing my pace when I reach the stairs.

Seated down at the kitchen table is my sister, my mother standing by the counter pouring coffee beans in the coffee machine. The smell of freshly toasted bread and scrambled eggs wafts through the air. I breathe deeply, the appetizing smell filling my nostrils. My mother turns at my footsteps, greeting me with a wan smile, her eyes wary. I smile back brightly, taking her by surprise. Looking down at my sister, I sit down across from her, and soon later she looks up from her constant texting to stare at me. I tried to contain my smile, but I can't help it.

"So, I saw you with the new student-what's his name-Pedro, or something that that?"

"It's Enzo," I reply. Her eyebrow arches at my perky tone.

"You guys are on a first name basis now? Interesting . . . “Jasmine smirks and I blush, looking down at the table.

"I guess he's cute, if you can stand that hairstyle," Jasmine laughs.

"It's cutting edge and different . . . I like it," I quip back.

My mother sets a plate before me, filled with scrambled eggs and buttered toast. I grab the fork, placing the first bite into my mouth. My sister opens her mouth as if to ask me something, but I gesture to my mouth to signify that I can't speak because my mouth is full. She glares at me and I shrug, continuing to eat my food.

Soon I'm too full to eat anymore and I stand up from the table, scraping the bits of food on my plate into the trash. My sister also stands with me, again tapping away on her phone, following me up the stairs. I roll my eyes at her back as she continues down the hallway, snatching up my backpack by my bedroom door.

Opening the front door, a chilly breeze brushes my face, sending shivers down my back. I tighten my backpack on my shoulders, tucking my face out of the wind. I walk slowly, the sky above me a brilliant blue, the sun hiding behind the dense clouds. Soon I hear the front door close, my sister's footsteps in the distance.

Please rate this story, but make sure to read the part before it, to get the full story. I'll make sure to keep updating parts of this story for you guys to read. Take some time to read the other stories I have written. They are also continuous stories, so you'll get more. Hope you enjoy! :)