To Be Or Not To Be | Teen Ink

To Be Or Not To Be

By S.P.Cullen SILVER, Bradford, Other
S.P.Cullen SILVER, Bradford, Other

"To the world, you may be a millionaire; but to the Angel Of Death, you're just another name on the list."

I edged closer. Not too close. But close enough to breathe in her lovely fragrance that was powerful enough to fog my mind with impossible scenarios which would have been strongly disapproved by anyone that knew what I really was. Who I really am. 

She looked up to reveal the most hypnotising blue eyes with the pupils diluting; blossoming like an Azalea would in a field of sunshine. And her skin...oh, her skin! The smooth tender skin that held under her jaw...

The shock in her eyes brought me back to Earth as I realised that my hand was midway to her cornsilk hair. With one quick, fluid movement I moved my hand back to my side.

Too quick!

"Are you okay?" she asked, her voice full of concern as she studied my hands and then my eyes.

I nodded and gulped as I hung my head in a way a human would. How could I have been so careless? I could've revealed everything I had been trying to conceal for fifteen years! Or worse, I could have killed her. My self-control was only beginning to improve and I had nearly already killed another human. At that moment,I felt weak. Drunk with sudden fatigue.  I had to get out before I lost the battle for my conscience.