Love or Loyalty? | Teen Ink

Love or Loyalty?

February 19, 2015
By S.P.Cullen SILVER, Bradford, Other
S.P.Cullen SILVER, Bradford, Other
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"To the world, you may be a millionaire; but to the Angel Of Death, you're just another name on the list."


I perched on the wooden bench nearest to her, hoping she wouldn't realise my movement. Fortuantely she didn't. This left me to explore her most colourful soul; vivid with vibrant patterns of loyalty, honesty and complete innocence. Everytime felt like the first time: the purity of her tiny beating heart never failed to astound me however much I have seen in my past hundred and nine years.

After the astonishment wore off, it always followed by that unnerving guilt and regret. I shouldn't be doing this. It would be the biggest threat to our kind and a bigger threat to hers. To reveal my Singer to be only a mere human would be regarded as shameful and unforgivable. But how could I resist? How could I pass her everyday and keep my face devoid of emotion everytime our eyes met? Surely, there had to be some way around this..this unfamiliar feeling of unease and desire.

But there was not. I was torn between a girl who knew such a thing like me could not exist and the loyalty I owed to my kind.

But what would it be? Which was stronger? Love or loyalty?


The author's comments:

This article brings across the message that some people can be torn apart between two things they want most. But sometimes they clash; sometimes it just can't work out together. But not everything you leave is a loss, sometimes it's a lesson.