The Boy of My Dreams Part 1 | Teen Ink

The Boy of My Dreams Part 1

February 18, 2015
By _EffortlesslyShnazzy_ PLATINUM, Ooltewah, Tennessee
_EffortlesslyShnazzy_ PLATINUM, Ooltewah, Tennessee
24 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"If I waited until I felt like writing, I'd never write at all."


In the soft glow of the sunlight fading in the darkness beyond the horizon, he gently wraps his arms around my waist and pull me close to his chest, gazing into my eyes with a hypnotizing, intense look before softly pressing his lips to mine. It is a sweet kiss, full of a underlying passion ready to be released. I melt into his strong embrace, wrapping my arms around his neck feeling the need to be as close to him as possible. After a few moments he slowly pulls back and rests his forehead against mine gazing into my eyes with a look full of love. I smile up at him shyly biting my lip. He laughs softly resting one arm on my waist guiding me to the end of the dock where we sat watching the the remaining light of the sun fade from existence, cuddled next to each other, me resting my head on his shoulder..."Cassie!"..."Cassie!"...Wait...why was he yelling my name?
I suddenly awake, jarred out of my mesmerizing dream by the shrill sound of my sister's voice. I cringe and try to engulf my head in my pillow underneath my head, but her voice still pierces my ears. I groan, slowly opening my eyes catching sight of my sister, as she heads downstairs to the kitchen to eat a quick breakfast before school. I have only shut my eyes momentarily, sinking back into my fluffy mattress when I hear my name again.
"Cassie! Come on! If you don't hurry we are going to be late to school! And If I'm late I will rip your hair out, strand by strand!"
Crap...
"I'm coming, I'm coming, just give me a sec!" I yelled back.
I jump out from under my sheets and hurry over to my closet to find something to wear. I open my closet, pull out my favorite shirt, sweatshirt and pair of skinny jeans, slipping them on. I hop around on one foot putting on my socks while searching for my favorite black high-tops. I spot them in the corner of my closet under a pile of clothes. I grab them and shove my feet into them, not even bothering to tie the shoelaces. I am about to head out the door when I catch sight of my face in the mirror. Large hazel eyes stare back at me, framed by thick eyelashes, above a diminutive nose, and thin lips. So out of proportion...
I am so busy checking over my face that when I looked up and spot the bird's nest on my head and I almost scream. I groan inwardly, scrambling to find my hairbrush among the clutter in my dresser drawer. Once I have retrieved it, I pull it through my hair a few times, wincing as it snags on several knots. I slip my thick, drab brown hair into a loose ponytail taking one more quick look in the mirror, before snatching my backpack from off the floor and stumbling down the hall, almost tripping on my untied shoelaces in the process.
As soon as I reach the kitchen and sit down, my mother smacks a plate down in front of me piling it up with bacon, eggs and a piece of french toast. A cup of fresh orange juice is placed to my left. My mouth starts to water at the sight and enticing aroma of the meal prepared before me. I started stuffing my face with food, oblivious to my surroundings. When I look up, my sister is glaring at me from across the table, her foot incessantly tapping away on the tile floor. I quickly gobble up the remaining food on my plate, chug my orange juice, wipe my face and leap up from the table. I sling my backpack over my shoulder and head out the door with my sister, Jasmine, at my heels. As soon as the door swings shut behind me, my sister speeds ahead of me, causing me to run to be able to keep up with her long strides. I catch up with her, breathing heavily as I try to control my breathing.
"Jas-Jasmine, wait up!" I say, panting heavily.
She doesn't even turn her head to acknowledge my presence, she just keeps on walking, eyes straight forward, probably thinking about ripping my hair out. I grimace at the thought.
"At least we aren't going to be late." I say warily.
"If you could just get ready faster we wouldn't have to hurry to school!" She hisses, anger contorting her features.
"I hate having to wait for your lazy butt!" She growls, anger growing on her face.
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I just have trouble getting out of bed on Mondays." I respond quietly.
"Well I guess we should add that the list of problems you have to fix." She retorts.
I blink rapidly to decrease the pressure of the tears behind my eyes as I shy away from Jasmine, and shorten my strides, so she won't see my struggle to control my composure. The yelling and sound of car motors running brings my head up as I realize we have reached our school, Roosevelt High. I sigh, not at all looking forward to the school day. As I cut across the parking lot, I spot my sister surrounded by her friends and her boyfriend Ryan. I scrunch up my face at the sight of them cuddling on the side of his car, all mushy and crap. Ewwww...PDA!
I continue walking, opening the doors and making my way through the horde of people towards my locker. I am in the process of opening my locker door and hanging my backpack on the hook when I hear my name being shouted in the midst of the crowd. I search through the mass of moving bodies cluttering the hallway and spot my three friends, Alexandria, Essie, and Adrien pushing through the crowd towards me with big cheery smiles on their faces.
"Hey guys, what's up?" I say, a little confused.
"Oh my word! Didn't you hear?" Essie squeals.
"Hear what?"
"The Homecoming Dance is coming up soon and they picked the galaxy as their theme! Isn't that just so cool?" She shrieks jumping up and down.
Adrian looks extremely uncomfortable, wincing at Essie's enthusiasm.
"Wow..um...that sounds really cool Essie." I mumble quietly.
I don't really enjoy going to public events like Homecoming Dance and such unlike Essie and my sister. Most of my nights consist of homework, feeding my dog, making some leftovers and reading a book or watching my favorite TV shows. I don't even have anything really fancy to wear. How exactly am I supposed to explain this to Essie?


The author's comments:

This is the first part of this story. I'll keep updating parts of the story as I write them. Enjoy, and please rate all my stories when you read them. Thanks :)