They Don't Know | Teen Ink

They Don't Know

February 1, 2015
By BaileyOdom BRONZE, Longview, Texas
BaileyOdom BRONZE, Longview, Texas
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
One persons craziness is another's reality


They think he’s not good for me. That he’ll ruin my chance for a good life. But they don’t understand how he makes me feel. When I’m with him, I don’t have to worry about the future. He shows me how to live in the now, and I don’t think I’ll ever be able to repay him for that. They don’t understand that I love who I am when I’m around him. That he makes me want to be a better person. He accepts every part of me, even the parts that not many people get to see. They don’t get that I don’t care where he lives, or what his parents do for a living or the color of his skin. They don’t get that I am in love with him. It may not last, but isn't that the beauty of it. I may not be with him next week or next month, or I might even marry him. I DON’T KNOW! But I do know that I will never regret him, because he has made me feel a thousand feelings in this limited amount of time. 
If you’re confused who they are, it’s not a certain person or group. It’s anybody who looks at us a little bit differently. Just a glance will put you in that category. He once told me this “For the rest of our time together, people will look at us weirdly, but they don’t matter. The only people that matter are you and me. You need to know that I will never look at you weirdly. Only stares out of adornment and happiness. You are my everything.” And that was the moment I was able to admit that I was completely and utterly in love with him.


The author's comments:

I was staring at this blank page forever, trying to sum up some type of words. Than the only exception by Paramore came on my phone. Than everything in my head just clicked together like finding a missing puzzle piece. So, enjoy They Don't Know.