Forever | Teen Ink

Forever

By KPierson BRONZE, Ann Arbor, Michigan
KPierson BRONZE, Ann Arbor, Michigan

I used to walk down the same street where we had our first kiss. The memories would hit me like trucks and I wouldn't know if I could walk another second. I remember his smile, his laugh, and his eyes.

I remember falling in love with his smile the day he asked me out. After I had said yes, the smile on his face couldn't have been any bigger. The adorable smile would never leave my mind. How perfect his lips were and how they formed perfectly against my own.

I fell in love with his laugh on our first date. I had tripped over a table and fell on my face, one of my most embarrassing moments, but one I will never forget. He laughed when he helped me up, not a cruel laugh, but a sympathetic laugh. His laugh would light up a room, it was contagious. He was the type of guy you call when you fell your lowest, and just hearing his laugh would brighten your day.

His eyes were the first thing I fell in love with. I knew from the first moment I saw him in sixth hour our freshman year. His eyes sparkled and shined. They were a green that made you think of summer and everything you could love. I stared at those eyes all hour, and then the rest of the week. By that friday, he came up and told me that my eyes were the most beautiful things he has ever seen. That was the moment I knew that we were going to be together forever.

The day I recieved the call from his mom almost killed me. I couldn't move or make a sound. This moment was so surreal, it stopped me in my tracks. The sadness in his mom's voice and the panic that followed in mine. I was not going to give up on us until I knew it was really over.

I see those eyes, so full of life, everyday. I block out the image of his dead eyes. They no longer sparkled, they were no longer full of love when he looked at me. I don't think about that image of them, atleast I try not to.

It was only fitting that his mother would ask to put a smile on his face for the showing. The smile lost all of it's meaning, all of the memories that caused that smile, they were gone.

I will never hear his laugh again. I will never see his whole face laugh, not just his mouth. I will miss the comfort that came to me when I heard it. Everything was gone and dragged out of him. He was stolen from me before he was offically mine.

I miss him everyday. No one will ever take his place in my heart, because he wasn't just my boyfriend who would do boyfriend things, he was the one that caused me to grow, to be my best possible self. He challanged me, he wouldn't let me be upset. He made me better in so many ways.

If only I had had the chance to tell him that before the drunk took him out of my life forever.