I am a Leo | Teen Ink

I am a Leo

By ArtistKNP GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin
ArtistKNP GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin

When the clock hits 9:00, the girl knows to go to bed and hears the voice of her mother in her head saying, “Go to bed Ruby.”  She groans complaining about going to bed but, knows mother would be right. As she slips into her bed of gold sheets, her favorite, she looks out the window only to see the moon, wishing it was the sun to give her warmth.  Finally, she closes her eyes once again to see prince charming, who she admires and chases after for.  All she wants is love and to be loved by only him.  The only thing Ruby thinks of why the Prince doesn't love her is... that she arrogant, only caring about herself.  How though, she thinks to herself...”I am loyal, I am kind, I am caring, why won’t you love me.” The Prince reply's back quickly,”I do love you dear, but you can’t see it, I don’t lavish you with all the gifts you want and the love you want  all the time making me seem, unloving. She stands there confused now knowing he loves her. She starts to weep and the Prince comes to her and embraces his arms around her while she weeps and clings to him knowing...all this time he loved her. The prince brings up his head and looks Ruby in the eyes and says, “You silly Leo of course I love you,” and lays a kiss upon her forehead.