A Broken Love Story | Teen Ink

A Broken Love Story

By kirchnes17 SILVER, Port Jefferson, New York
kirchnes17 SILVER, Port Jefferson, New York
8 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Lights lit up the city of love. The city of Paris was alive and many people roamed the streets. A girl, possibly a teen, stood, searching for her love under the lights of the Eiffel Tower. He told her he would meet her here at precisely eight o’clock at night. She thought that was awfully romantic. Imagine waiting for your love under the magical city of Paris. She arrived a little before eight wearing her favorite red dress. It flew off her hips perfectly and her white sweater outlined the dress. She felt beautiful. She wore a large smile, and her eye’s shone so bright you’d mistake them as stars if you didn’t look close enough.
         Every minute she checked her watch, hoping he would come soon. It was becoming quite cold a little after eight and she prayed her love would come soon. With every chill that spread down her body, she yearned for him. Another glance at her watch, and she realized it was getting close to 8:30. She tried to keep her spirits up by watching the young kids spin round on the carousel. She kept convincing herself that he had stopped to get her some of her favorite macaroons from Ladurée, or that he was getting her favorite flower from the florist just around the corner. She just knew it. He was coming, he was just late. Her eyes searched the crowd of happy couples and cheerful families. Nowhere though, did she spot her love. Around nine she bought herself a coffee to keep from getting cold. He made a wrong turn, she told herself. He was on his way, he would be here soon.  At ten though, the night began to die down and there were far less people. The kids all went home and the couples went to celebrate their perfect night elsewhere. Then a thought popped into her mind, he must’ve been on the other side of the tower! Quickly she ran to the other side, determined that he would be there with a boutique of flowers and macaroons. Unfortunately, he wasn’t there. That’s when the first tear fell. Around eleven, the tears poured out and she couldn’t will herself to stay any longer.  She touched the locket on her neck that her love gave her. How could he have given her this just last week? Did he think that they would be together last week, but not now? Forcefully, she wrenched the necklace off and threw it onto the floor. She ran home hoping she would never have to see that boy again.
         The next day her mother forced her to go to breakfast at the café near the Eiffel Tower. She dreaded going to place where her heart was broken only hours earlier. After breakfast though, she built up the courage to go to the spot she left the locket. She searched all around the tower, but it wasn’t there. Her heart ached. What if it was him? What if he did come? She was glad if he had it though. Now he had a little reminder of what could have been. With a little huff, she left the sight, happy to leave behind her life with the horrid boy she thought she loved.

AyeMissTeen said...
AyeMissTeen, Mebane, North Carolina

"Don't give up on life, cause it's just getting started"

I love this story but I want to know what happenes after all of this