Not a Bad Thing to Fall in Love | Teen Ink

Not a Bad Thing to Fall in Love

By MiAmintescDeOchiiTai BRONZE, Council Bluffs, Iowa
MiAmintescDeOchiiTai BRONZE, Council Bluffs, Iowa

As I walked down the hall, everything seemed to distance itself away from me. I kept walking, but it was no use. I was never going to get out of here. I started running, running for the end of the hall where I could safely get in my room. What happened to me? Am I dreaming? I don’t know, but I’m scared.
I heard a faint voice, the sound distorted but I could make out my name. “James.James get up”.
I didn’t know what was going on.
“James you’re going to be late, come on!” My mom hollered. So it was a dream.
As I got up, and got ready for school, that nightmare was in my mind all day. I mean , it wasn’t much, but it was for some reason causing an emotional breakdown inside of me, psychologically.  I tried thinking what it could mean. Why was I stuck in a hallway? Was I trying to run away from a problem?
“Sorry, Destiny,” I accidentally bumped into one of my friends, considering I was too deep into my mind to be paying attention to reality.
“It’s okay, James.” The bell rang for first hour to begin.
“Okay class..today we will be-” my ears started ringing really bad.
“What?” I questioned him, not knowing what the teacher said.
“Today we will be-”
“May I use the bathroom?” I asked.
“What seems to be the problem, James?”
“I..I don’t know.” What was wrong with me? Am I having another emotional breakdown? Am I going crazy? Either way, I needed some space to think. I ran out of the classroom.
“James Fortsworth please report to the main office, James Fortsworth.” The intercoms rumbled my name. What does everyone want from me?! I started crying.
“Calm down.” I kept telling myself. “Everything will be okay in the end, it always is.” No, this was different, everything was not going to be okay.
The bell for 1st hour to be over rang across the whole school, and I was calming down, so I proceeded to my next class, Health I. The teacher was just starting to take attendance when I arrived.
“James?”
“Here.” I quietly said, feeling frantic as I saw a recognizable face.
“Destiny.”
“Here”. Yup. There’s the one I recognized- the girl I ran into earlier. How do I tell her?
2nd hour is going by so slow, come on! I need to talk to her.
I looked at the clock. It was showing 9:30 a.m.
“Almost there,” I thought. I unknowingly passed out right there, from the adrenaline rush of nervousness I was experiencing, my head on the edge of my desk. The bell finally rang, I didn’t hear it.
“James, get up.” I lifted my head up abruptly, looking up only to meet eyes with the girl of my dreams.
“O-oh..hey Destiny,” she giggled.
“Hey James, you must be very tired.”
“Y-yeah. Can I talk to you?”
“Of course, what’s wrong?”As I sat up,  I grabbed her hand and guided her over to the corner of the room, and told her
“I like you, a lot.” Her face went completely red and she responded quietly with
“I like you too.”