Till Death Do Us Part | Teen Ink

Till Death Do Us Part

By bobbergrace BRONZE, Mequon, Wisconsin
bobbergrace BRONZE, Mequon, Wisconsin

Looking in the mirror one last time before she headed out for the evening, Lucy realized an 80-year-old heart was trapped inside her 16-year-old body.

The restaurant was vibrating with warm energy, hopping with people, life, and celebration.  Everyone held themselves with the same poise and ease.  Waiters swirled around, plates clinked against one another, and savory aromas drifted through the air. Only on the outside, Lucy was the youngest person in the room. Around her, choreography, blocking, and lines were delivered to perfection.

He grabbed her hand from across the table; she could barely see the dimples in his smile in the dim candlelight.

It was their first Valentine's day dinner together.

"I love you so very much," he said.

"I love you so very much," he said.

It was their sixty-fourth Valentine's day dinner together.

The restaurant was vibrating with warm energy, hopping with people, life, and celebration.  Everyone held themselves with the same poise and ease.  Waiters swirled around, plates clinked against one another, and savory aromas drifted through the air.  Only on the outside, Lucy was the oldest person in the room.  Around her, choreography, blocking, and lines were delivered to perfection.