La Vida Que Me Robaste (The Life You Stole From Me) | Teen Ink

La Vida Que Me Robaste (The Life You Stole From Me)

October 13, 2014
By Marisol1997 SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada
Marisol1997 SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada
6 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"As hard as it is to see sometimes, we all exist within the realm of possibility. Most of the limits are of our own world's devising. And yet, every day we each do so many things that were once impossible to us." ~David Levithan



            In early spring on a beautiful sunny day at the city park, Lupe patiently waited for her boyfriend. She took the opportunity to further her career as a photographer and capture moments around her. After a few shots she began to review them, clicking at the camera carefully observing each image. One picture in particular caught her eye; it was one of a mother with her newborn child. The reason why she was there all came at once. She has to tell Fernando the dark secret she has been avoiding. Every time she spotted a baby, she felt guilt and fear mix in the pit of her very being. She felt sick to her stomach, just like how it feels when finishing a bad tuna sandwich or a bar of blue cheese.
Lupe’s eyes stayed glued to the picture imagining all the possible reactions and outcomes that could come out of this. All of a sudden, from the corner of her eye, she spotted her gorgeous, nincompoop boyfriend arriving. Lupe began to panic more and more as his figure came closer and closer.
“Buenos’ Dias Guadalupe, why did you call me here for? This better be quick, I have a meeting in thirty minutes.” Fernando said while look at his expensive watch and glancing back at Lupe.
“Fernando I have to tell you something,” said Lupe. “What is it Lupe, come on tell me,” replied Fernando annoyed.
“I’m……..I’m……,” started Lupe, but the atmosphere was too intense, she couldn’t bring herself to say it. It all felt like waiting to find out the result of the winner on a game show. “I’m pregnant,” Lupe finally said hesitatingly. Then there was a pregnant pause.
Fernando stared at his girlfriend blankly for what felt like forever. “You’re kidding, right?” He asked raising his eyebrows and studying Lupe’s expression. “This has to be a joke. It has to be. It just...It has to be!” Lupe didn’t know how to respond. Her words we caught in her throat as Fernando’s voice became higher and more aggressive. “Answer me! Admit this is all a terrible joke! A terrible, terrible sick joke to get inside my head!” People around them began to turn in their direction with questioning looks. Lupe ignored them trying to wrap her thoughts around what was happening. Sure, Fernando wasn’t the sweetest guy, but she never imagined him to react this way.
“Fernando...I...I-I’m not kidding. It isn’t a joke….We’re having a...a..b-baby.” Lupe managed to say between stutters, now staring down at her hands avoiding Fernando’s eyes.
“You mean...I’m...going to be a...you know? A dad…?” Fernando asked in a lower voice. Lupe gained the courage and looked back up at the man. Before she could say anything else his eyes began to slowly close and his body began to fall. Lupe attempted to reach for his arm but was no help; Fernando fell upon the floor unconscious. His body fell to the right; his head crashed into the pavement with a surprising about of force. He had fainted from the news. There was blood escaping from his head.
As soon as she recovered from her short shock, Lupe quickly dialed 911 to get him to the hospital. At their arrival the doctor quickly examined Fernando in an attempt to find the problem.
“Is he going to be okay?” asked Lupe.
“I’m not really sure, Senora Lupe. He should wake up in a couple of hours, I’ll be back to check on him later,” the Doctor responded before exiting the hospital room. About eight hours later, Fernando finally woke up.
“Dios Mio Fernando! Finally, you’re awake! How are you feeling,” asked Lupe. Fernando looked up at her with a confused expression.
“Who are you? Why am I in the hospital? And...who is Fernando?”

 


The author's comments:

It suppose to feel and be a mexican soup operas.