Death and Deception | Teen Ink

Death and Deception

By Briyah West BRONZE, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Briyah West BRONZE, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

She couldn’t understand what had just happened let alone why it happened. They stood over him. Blood was sprawled all across the floor. Next to his still body lay the tools covered with the gooey blood that was spilling out of his body. He stepped back as the blood squirted.
“Valerie, what did you do?” he screamed, his face was going pale, “Hhhow could you do this, how could you betray me like this? ” the words rushed too fast from his cold blue lips. He dropped, no longer speaking nor breathing. “Leave!” she screamed at him. She quickly snatched the gun wiped it off and put it in her back pocket.
“Get out of here! Hurry before the neighbors see you and figure out what has happened! ”
“911. What’s your emergency?”
  “He’s dead.”
“Ma’am who,who is dead?”
“My husband.”
“We are sending an ambulance right now.”
Ten minutes later she heard the siren ringing, the sound grew closer and closer and closer until it was as if the ambulance was inside of their lavish living room. She paced back and forth thinking of ways to plead her case. “What if they don't believe me?” “What if I go to jail?” “What if they take my daughter from me?”. Her thoughts consumed her brain so much as to where one extra thought would cause her head to explode.
“Ma’am please leave out of this room you are now standing in the middle of a crime scene”,  his deep voice startled her out of her engrossing thoughts. He was tall, dark and had a comforting look to him. She never knew if she could really trust him.
“So what happened?” the two detectives asked her.
“I do not know" she retorted.
There was an awkward silence between the three people that seemed to last for a life time. The silence was luckily broken by one of the detectives obnoxious ringtone. As he walked away she began looking around to assure that they were alone. Noticing what was about to happened he shook his head in the other direction further away from her residence. The two walked away and as they did the crime scene seemed to get further and further which in some strange way made her feel safer.
"Do you think they'll figure out what happened?"
"Hey, listen here, I'll handle this you do not have anything to worry about Valerie."
Valerie noticed a familiar grimace spread across his face as he hissed the words out. She stepped back placing her hand in her back pocket where she had safely stored the gun. She watched to see what his next move would be. He too was deviously reaching close to where his gun was.
"What, Valerie? Can't keep a secret? Don't worry I can keep one and I'll be sure not to tell anyone what you did."
"I knew it! I knew that you would pin this whole thing on me!"
"POW POW" the loud gun shots interrupted their argument. The blood rushed out. She stammered back unsure what was about to happen to her.

I was inspired by my creative writing teacher to broaden my skills and step outside of my comfort zone of telling the reader exactly what happened in the end. I hope everyone enjoys my story.

Happy Readings

Briyah.