An Unfinished Story | Teen Ink

An Unfinished Story

June 8, 2014
By Rose_Cecily GOLD, Valley Stream, New York
Rose_Cecily GOLD, Valley Stream, New York
13 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
My thoughts are stars that I cannot fathom into constellations


He hugs me tight, and I try not to cry.

His arms are wrapped around me and my body is curled up against his chest, a position I never want to leave.

All the emotions come flooding in, every memory that I have of the time we've spent together replay over in my mind. I remember why I feel the way I do about him. I remember that our story will never be able to finish. The end is here and we've been cut short.

He is absolutely perfect and I am completely imperfect but that doesn't matter. When I am with him I feel like a more beautiful, better version of my self. He brings out this feeling of wanting to break out into song, wanting to dance in the rain, wanting to make the world a better place so that we can always be smiling. I always want to see that smile of his that lights up the whole room. His blue eyes have this happy and playful twinkle to them causing me to smile. That feeling that errupts in my stomach, those butterflies that he makes, isn't something I am ready to let go of.

"We'll see each other again. I promise." He tells me, chin resting on my head.

"I don't want to go without you." I cry. "I wish I could come with you."

"Don't cry." He lifts my chin so that my face is looking directly at his. "I promise you okay, this isn't the last time we'll see each other."

"You are the best thing that I've had in a long time. Thank you. For everything."

"Safe journey."


The author's comments:
It is based on a connection I made with someone, a moment that will stay with me forever.