Breaking Free

A rush of exhilaration slammed through my body as I race forward. A million thoughts racing through my head. Was I doing the right thing? Did I have the right to do this? Maybe I didn't I reasoned but, what else could I do?

I have to make a decision now or never. I'm almost there. There is no turning back as I sprint up the stairs. KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK! My hand crashes against the front door. Bending over hands on my knees to keep my balance as I try to catch my breathe. Sweat glistens on my skin and heart hammers against my chest.

THUMP! THUMP! THUMP! THUMP! The door begins to open there’s still time to retreat. No, I can't. I stand up straight, look to his bright green eyes. Slightly breathless I open my mouth and say those three little words that I've been long to say.

“We are over,” and I feel free.

pepsi.rules8 said...
today at 8:32 pm:
I love the unexpected ending.  Thanks for sharing!

GreekGoddessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 21 at 9:57 am:
Very interessting, you gave a build up to the girl asking him out, then you went the opposite way. Very good, good job, I'd like to hear more.