The Unbreakable Bond | Teen Ink

The Unbreakable Bond

By Master_Dylan_Bishop GOLD, Beaumont, California
Master_Dylan_Bishop GOLD, Beaumont, California

"If I had a flower for every time I thought of you...I could walk through my garden forever.” ― Alfred Tennyson

As the world is sleeping, I am thinking of you. The girl within my dreams... We are here together and you sweetly giggle. My fingers run through your brown hair and your dark green eyes stare into my dark brown eyes. There is nothing that could break that bond between us.

As I stand to my feet, you stand with me too. You wrap your arm around mine as gently lift you up so you can ride weightlessly upon my back. We step outside and we set out for an adventure. We both do not know where we shall go but with you, it would not matter.

You whisper into my ear and somehow steal a kiss. I couldn't help but smile from ear to ear. Your lips were soft and so comforting to my soul. I placed you down upon a grassy field and we laid next to each other. We talked about whatever came to mind but we never could take our eyes off each other.

I reached over and pulled a daisy from the ground and then I slipped it into your hair. You were as beautiful as any flower and I was the bee. Your lips drew me in and those kisses were the nectar that strengthened me. You inched towards me even closer than before and laid your head upon my chest. I kissed your head and closed my eyes as I fell into incredible peace.

But in the blink of an eye, you vanished. The unbreakable bond between us was broken and my dreams were just simply put to rest. You had faded because I was only sleeping as the rest of the world was. This dream was so vivid that I could have sworn I had seen you before but it was confirmed that it would only be a dream. Even with us so broken now, you bring me hope.

This was another story I wrote recently because of my love for my best friend and a beautiful dream I had... I truly hope you enjoy it.