It's Gonna Be Okay | Teen Ink

It's Gonna Be Okay

March 24, 2014
By Krazy.Katie GOLD, Sparks, Nevada
Krazy.Katie GOLD, Sparks, Nevada
12 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll fall among the stars
What is always right isn't popular, what's popular isn't always right


It's ok. I'd choose her over me too. She has the perfect thin body, she's got a perfect smile,she's athletic, and she's blond. Remember you told me you liked all those qualities? Ha! Who was I kidding? A guy like you could never fall for a girl like me. I'm too... Well... Me. Nothing special or interesting, just plain old me. And you? Well you might be the best thing that's ever happened. Football and the track star and a smile that's absolutely the cutest thing I've ever seen. Your personality? Damn! You seem to make everyone laugh around you. Even me. The guy everyone knows and adores. Yup. That's 110% you.

But her? She's the basketball star of the school that everyone knows and one of my closest friends... Yea. Closest friends. She's beyond beautiful and anybody would be lucky to be her boyfriend. Even you. She always seems to know the right thing to say to guys and can have anyone wrapped around her finger. But that's what she's into.

And me? The total opposite of what your "typical" girl is like. I have brown hair, A curvy body, and I dont have the prettiest smile. But I'm the girl who has always been the person you tell everything. You've told me more personal stuff than you've told your best friend. The girl that has always smiled and laughed at your cute stupidy even when I was crying the night before. Just that girl. Not anything special.

I remember the day I knew I was falling more like crashing. I had gotten into a fight with my parents the night before and it ended up me being kicked out. I had spent the night at a close friends house who had let me crash there till I could move back in. My hair was pulled back into a greasy pony and I had on very little makeup. When you sat down next to me in our class you knew immediately that something was wrong. "Hey you okay?" You asked. "Yeah of course" I said smiling. You saw through the lie and what you said next made me melt. "You know... Your eyes are really pretty even when I can tell you've been crying, and I love your smile. It could light up the night sky I swear.... Oh an No ones worth your tears." You said smiling and looking at my teary eyes.

After that we spent so much time with each other. Our relationship grew stronger everyday. There was even that one night when we almost kissed. We acted like we were together but never having a title.

Remember when you asked about my friend? You asked if she was seeing or was interested in anybody.

You see? Being a good friend I of course told you that "she really liked and would do anything to date you." The look on your face killed the very little thing that could have ever been "us". You were so excited, your eyes lighted up, and your smile grew big.

But really? Who was I kidding? What was thinking? You two would be the perfect couple. But us? We'd look weird. As I sit waiting and terrified to watch both of you kissing each others face off, I hold my knees to my chest and rock slightly back and forth. Repeating myself over and over "everything's gonna be ok"

Putting so much time and energy into someone can suck. Especially when they don't feel the same. Usually Id never think about crying over a boy, but it's hard forgetting the memories and destroying the feelings. I just really hope you love her as much as she loves you. You both really deserve each other