I Don't Want To Dance Anymore

The world is dancing around me. The colors are swirls and I'm laughing.

"I've never seen the world like this before." I exclaim, still spinning lightly in a circle.

"Everyone could see the world like that if they spun around enough." He chuckles.

I stop, swaying into his arms. He pushes my hair back. I smile.

"Dance with me." It was sudden. "Dance and see the world as I see it."

His smile vanishes. "I - I don't dance." He moves away, pushing me away from him.

"You don't dance?"

"No."

"Not once?"

"Never."

"Then do it for me." I take his hand.

"Just one dance. Move with me."

He doesn't smile. "I -"

"For me please!"

"I can't. I don't. Never have. Never will."

My smile vanishes. "Any one can dance."

"Not I."

"Not even for the one you love?"

He isn't smiling. He doesn't face my eyes. The world stopped and it's colors went gray.

His voice was gossamer, a piece of the wind. "No," Where is the world we were just in? "You...You deserve someone....someone who would...dance for you."

I step back. The world of ours has gone, the vastness of the universe has created itself between us. "No..."

"Yes."

We are now two worlds apart, but I know he must've hear me when I said:

"I don't want to dance any more."

ninjaballerina1234This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 7:37 pm:
I Loved It!!!! Love, Love Loved it!!!! Your idea was fantastic and the rythm of your peice was great. The only thing I would have done differently is that I would have hinted at the reason for him not wanting to dance. Did he stop dancing after a loved one died or was he made fun of for dancing when he was young?  

Ride4LifeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 27, 2013 at 9:13 am:
Absolutely amazing! I love your writing style. :)

oliviajocsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I really enjoyed this piece!! You captured so much in such few words. Keep writing!

Leah K. said...
This piece really amazed me. It was incredibly short, but incredibly powerful. It does mean very much to me because it shows what someone will do..for their love.
You are an amazing author.