The Song | Teen Ink

The Song

March 7, 2014
By VedangiMukdam SILVER, Kota, Other
VedangiMukdam SILVER, Kota, Other
7 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Three can keep a secret if two of them are dead.


You walk through the door in a hurry, running to catch your bus. You can’t afford to be late. The clock is ticking. You reach the bus stand and check your watch. You are on time. You tap your foot impatiently wondering why the bus isn’t there already. You recollect and try to plan out your day ahead to make use of that time. You hope that the project report you have completed will be good enough for your boss. You wonder what your colleagues have done.
The bus finally shows up and you get on it quickly. The bus stops at several other places before coming to halt at the bus stop near your workplace. You read a book in bus hoping to utilise every spare minute you have. Soon, you are at your office. You go in your cabin and take all the important files out. In five minutes, you have to attend an important meeting. And your boss doesn’t like unpunctual people.
You walk to the room where the meeting is going to take place and take your seat. One minute left for the meeting to start. Your boss shows up and begins the meeting with a ‘good morning’. You don’t find anything good about this morning but you don’t put forth your thoughts and concentrate on what your boss is saying.
You think he blabbers unnecessarily but there’s nothing that you can possibly do about it so you do nothing. You stare at him and hear him as carefully as you possibly can. The meeting lasts for an hour or so. You don’t know the exact time as you have lost the track of time already. After meeting is over you are pleased as your boss thought that your report was good.
You go back to your cabin and order a cup of coffee. You sit in front of the computer and work on the next project straining your eyes a little with that cup in your hand. You take a sip of the scorching liquid and go into your working mode.
At around seven in the evening, your back is stiff and you are exhausted. But you are happy that another hectic day has passed by and now you can relax a little. You shut down the computer and leave your workplace and go to the bus stop tired.
The bus comes; you hop on it and reach your home. You turn on the television. You find cooking rather tiresome so you order a pizza. You start changing channels hoping to watch something refreshing. The doorbell rings and you guess that your pizza has arrived. You leave the remote on the couch and open the door and find that your guess was right. You take the pizza and pay the bill. You put that pizza’s box on the table and start eating it. After you are done, you throw the box in the bin and go to take a lovely shower.
You take your iPod and tap the shuffle icon. Then you hop into the shower. You hear the beats of the song and it is then that chill runs down your spine. A beautiful melody plays and you feel as if time has officially slowed down. The sudden calmness inside your mind, heart and soul makes that moment all the more serene and peaceful. You don’t want this moment to end. You wonder why you feel this way and try to find the answer. It is then you realise that you have finally found what you were trying to find for so long—the inner peace.