Unnoticed

By the time I woke up, the sun was shining through the windows and into my eyes. I slowly opened my eyes and squinted. It seemed like a nice day out. I slowly took the covers off and noticed I was only wearing a T-shirt. When I rolled my feet over the edge of the bed and stood up, I looked in the mirror. I looked paler than normal today, but I guess that’s happens when you’re a ghost.

I know that I’m only a ghost but weird things keep happening. People can see me. I can talk to people and they don’t know that I’m…not really there. It’s interesting, so to say.

I ran my fingers through my hair and decided to take a shower.

When I got out of the shower I got dressed in my normal outfit. My dark skinny jeans with my studded belt, a tight red tank-top, and my sweater that is all black and says ‘Issues.’ The sweater shows my shoulders, which gets frustrating and feels weird sometimes but I guess we do things to look cute, right?

I started to look for my shoes when I noticed the tie. 8:02 am. I had to hurry or I wouldn’t get to see him.

I quickly grabbed a pair of socks, threw on my Converse, straightened my hair, and ran for the door.

Here in Florida we don’t get winter but today it was a little chilly outside. 8:26. Crap, I need to move.

I ran out of my house and down the street. I had to take a few turns, I greeted people, and I also waved. It’s great to be sometimes seen, but it’s still really weird.
8:31.

Damn it, I might miss him.

I ran until I saw the small café. My heart stopped. He wasn’t there yet. I looked frantically around. ‘Where is he,’ I asked myself. I looked down at my scarred hands and I saw them trembling. I got the scars from when I died. A drunk driver killed me while I was walking. The boy was there with me. He is the love of my life. And the poor boy had held me while I died, waiting for help.

I walked into the café and waited.

8:39.

He should be here in at least six minutes.

I walked up to the counter and ordered a caramel coffee. Though I couldn’t drink it, I still wanted to fit in. I looked up at the clock.

8:46.

He’s late. He’s never late. I looked out of the café window and watched as people walked by. Every one of them either had a friends to walk with, a lover, or a child. All of them smiling and enjoying this morning. I’m a little jealous. I wonder what it would be like to have a normal life again. But something was wrong with today, but I don’t know what yet.

I set my head against the window when I heard sirens and a few trucks go by.

8:49.

I heard someone sit in front of me so I looked up. It was him.

He looked out the window with a sad expression. His blue eyes caught the light the right way and made them shine. I smiled a little. He was always very attractive. His dirty-blond hair was messy and looked adorable. He had a really nice tan, but today he looked a little pale. I wonder if something is wrong. Hm.

“Hey there,” he said softly.

I looked up startled. He never noticed me before. Something is really wrong.
He must have seen it in my facial expression.

“I know, I know,” he said. “I was never able to see you before but I always felt you there.”

“So wait,” I asked nervously. “How can you see me now?” I started trembling again.

He looked at me with a sad expression. His bright blue eyes got dark.

He looked out the window and so did I. I then realized that the sirens and trucks were headed towards downtown…

Towards his house.

I dropped my cup on the table and splashed a little bit on me. I covered my mouth with my hands and looked at him. He was wearing a tank top and my eyes started to trail him.

On both of his forearms, he had long cuts going from his wrist up to his elbow.

“You killed yourself,” I blurted out loud. I started to tear up. Everything was going blurry and dizzy. “Why would you do that?”

He looked at me with a slight smirk and a sparkle in his eyes.

“Baby, I told you months ago. Where you go, I go. Where you sleep, I sleep. I can’t live without your love, so now we can both go unnoticed.”

Nella.Girl97This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 10:49 am:
This is amazing! It is a little creepy, but pulls at the interest strings of readers! I wish I could write like you! Great work! 

ShagunThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 14 at 1:00 pm:
Kinda creepy but nice.

f_logicThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 12 at 10:56 am:
I didn't notice before but there are some spelling mistakes. I apologize!