Schoolin Life Episode 1 Scene 3 | Teen Ink

Schoolin Life Episode 1 Scene 3

February 18, 2014
By poeticlove143 GOLD, St. Martinville, Louisiana
poeticlove143 GOLD, St. Martinville, Louisiana
15 articles 0 photos 27 comments

Favorite Quote:
" The Lord is my Shepherd there is nothing I shall want" Psalm 23:1


Scene 3
(In Mr.Shawns class. Layla is really pissed with Chris and she is ready to fight with McKenzie and everything that was done in the dark will come to light.)


MR. SHAWN
Good morning class, today we will be doing a project. Now this project is to be taken home and completely with a partner. This is a boy and girl project, it involves you taking care of a baby. The baby is face but it acts real. Now each one of you will be assigned a permanent baby for the week and if anything happens, I will know.


SHAYLA
Mr. Shawn what exactly is the point of this project?


MR. SHAWN
The point is that it’s showing you how to take care of another living being besides yourself. This is because some of you little hot tamales don’t have a clue on how to keep your legs closed. Now ( walks to his desk and grab the list and box of baby dolls) Layla you are partnered with Chris, Michael with McKenzie, and Shayla and Jacob.


LAYLA
( Looks at Shayla) Yay I have to pair up with the devil.


SHAYLA
( looks at her then at Chris and give him the death stare). Chris text my phone now I think I lost it.


MR. SHAWN
How did you lose it, the phone supposed to be in your locker by this time.


SHAYLA
(Looks down) Yes sir I know I was rushing to get here on time and I might have dropped it , because it was in my hand when I left from my car.


MR. SHAWN
Okay then, I will help you look for it. Class excuse us for one moment. ( Step out into the hallway with Shayla.)

(Hallway)



MR. SHAWN
( Looks at Shayla) So how is the baby??


SHAYLA
( Looks up) What you think? He kicks me every three minutes and everytime I try to do my work he kick harder. Don’t even get me started when you start talking in class he gives the hardest kicks ever.


MR. SHAWN
( Touches her stomach) He knows his father in that case. ( Bends down and kisses her) So where is the phone exactly?


SHAYLA
I know he does and he loves you very much. Oh it was in my bra.


MR. SHAWN
Just like I love my little angel ( hugs her tight)

LAYLA
(Peeking through the glass and listening to the conversation)


MR. SHAWN
( Opens the door and Layla, Chris, Michael , and Jacob all fall on the ground) I thought yall was supposed to be in your desk? Come in Shayla


LAYLA
And I thought you was supposed to be a teacher and not the world’s number one pervert?

MR. SHAWN
I have to tell you all something.. Shayla and I are dating but Im not actually a teacher.


LAYLA
What you mean “You’re not actually a teacher” ?


MR. SHAWN
I am your age I graduated three years earlier than my class and I just went on to get my degree in teaching. And when I came here, I tutored Shayla and she was so beautiful. That was the day that we found out everything about each other.


SHAYLA
You see me and Shawn were a great couple and he proposed to me and when he did I had said yes and then I was pregnant with his son. So I am still pregnant right now, but I just don’t wear the ring because of the fact that I was scared you guys would judge me because of what I did. Truth is I’m in love with Shawn; we are inseparable of each other. And even though I am in High School I will be with him.


MR. SHAWN
I graduated in what was supposed to be my freshman year, I was already a senior. When I stepped on college there were girls after me but ------


LAYLA
(Rudely interrupt) okay I don’t want to hear your life story. It’s enough that I’m already in the class with a teacher my age but it’s worst that my boyfriend cheated on me with someone else.


CHRIS
Layla what are you talking about?


LAYLA
Chris I heard the conversation that you had with McKenzie, you just wanted to see how long you was going to keep it from me that you had a child. ( gets up and looks him in the eye).


CHRIS
Layla, can we not do this now??


LAYLA
No we will do this now..


MR. SHAWN
Nope how about we all go to your house tonight and we will have the confessions of every secret that we are keeping from each other?


CHRIS
Fine 7:30 my house tonight (The school bell rings to let out of school)


EVERYBODY
Okay (They dismiss out of school)