I Love My Bestfriend | Teen Ink

I Love My Bestfriend

By TrishaCrane22 BRONZE, Cleburne, Texas
TrishaCrane22 BRONZE, Cleburne, Texas

As I walk down the swarmed hallway, I do what I always do. I make a conscious effort to stare as far down the hallway as possible, at the back wall if it’s in view. This creates an illusion to all passers-by, that I’m a confident girl with a set destination. No one bothers, or stops me, but everyone stares and notices me. This is how I like it. I’m a mystery, and I refuse to act like an open book with a pretty cover that attracts everyone to read me. I’d much rather have an elegant cover, a dark and royal blue fabric with gold engravings. The kind that looks nothing like what it is. A mystery to all, and only the chosen ones who recognize this phenomenon of books and their covers will be lucky enough to read my story. Getting engrossed in my hardships and crying happy tears when they get closer to the end. The best part for the reader is that the book has many blank pages towards the end. This gives them a choice to sit and watch my story be written before their eyes, or grab a nearby pen to start adding their own ending. Contibuting to my book would mean to be a part of my life.

I got a tap on my shoulder, and when I continued to walk I got a tug on my hand. This stopped me in my hall-walking trance.

“Why do you care so much about me? Honestly? Nobody has ever given a damn, so why you?” he asked with tears in his eyes.

He looked as though he’d gotten little sleep, and by the puffiness of his eyes, he probably cried a lot before finally falling asleep. His swollen eyes glistened in the horrible school lighting above as he gleamed down at me. He’s a little more than half a foot taller than me, which made me feel defeated by the cloud of sadness around him.

I didn’t know how to answer him. Truthfully, my love for him outshines the brightest of stars. He’s given me reason to believe that good things come in many different masks and identities. I loved him because he taught me how to love hard, and I love him harder than anyone I’ve ever known. Because he’d given me a reason to fight for what I believe in, and I really believe in him unconditionally. We’ve dependantly been there for each other for three consecutive years, and honestly, he holds my heart, gives me reason to be alive, and to smile every day. He gives me a reason to risk it all, because he is genuinely one of the most beautiful people I’d ever met, and I didn’t plan on meeting anyone ever again that makes me feel the way that he does.

I smiled up at him and batted my eyelashes, not because I was trying to be middle school flirty, but because the bad light of the school was really messing with my eyes.

“I care about you a lot. You know that... you’re my best friend.” I murmered out softly to him to sooth his sadness, though saying these words only added to mine.

misfitsquuen said...
on Feb. 28 2014 at 10:27 am
misfitsquuen, Easley, South Carolina
i would love 4 you to write more

misfitsquuen said...
on Feb. 28 2014 at 10:26 am
misfitsquuen, Easley, South Carolina
i really love how you tell the is great to go truth and just the name of it is really good it goes along with the picture

_Tennessee_Love_ BRONZE, Easley, South Carolina

¨the difference between promises and memories, is that we break promise and memories break us.¨

WOW I absolutly love this:) GREAT job!