Forever Our Story | Teen Ink

Forever Our Story

By LostWithoutYou BRONZE, Aurora, Illinois
LostWithoutYou BRONZE, Aurora, Illinois

"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot in Treasure Island." ~Walt Disney~

Love is an interesting experience. It’s unescapable and indescribable. It’s not able to be completely comprehended and yet I knew I loved him from the moment he first said, “Hello.” We had mutual friends so it made sense that we met that first day of high school. He walked up to me and said something like, “Hey there.” I responded properly by blushing, looking down, and muttering, “uh…hi.” His intense chocolate brown eyes and lopsided half smile rendered me speechless. We walked and talked together for the rest of “Frosh Fest” or so it was called. It was just our luck that we had lunch and guided study together, so we went on the school together. All through the hallways we talked and held pinkies. He gave me butterflies; made me blush and giggle the whole time. Everyone saw our chemistry. We felt it. We got asked many times if we were dating to which we both quickly responded, “Nope. Just good friends,” with the shake of the head.
As the weeks passed, we slipped into being more than friends. We texted late into the night and spent as much time as we could together. He never asked me to be his girlfriend. He didn’t have to. I was his and he was mine. Eventually, I met his family when we went to an apple orchard on my birthday. He met mine piece by piece. He was always respectful and courteous, calling my father “sir” and my mother “ma’am.” I was drawn to him and him to me.
Our first kiss was at my house. It was autumn, so it was still warm and there was that perfect warm breeze. We were in my garage and I stood on my tiptoes to press my lips lightly to his. It was hard to get rid of him after that. We didn’t kiss often, at least not nearly as often as he wanted to. He was affectionate and passionate. I loved it.
My friends had a hard time sharing me as I had always been the friend to run to in a time of need and they didn’t like the idea of me having someone else besides themselves. However, as the months passed, they grew used to him and accepted him into our close knit circle. They saw him and I as a package deal that they couldn’t resist. We became the cute couple who everyone loved and yet couldn’t stand at the same time. I got told often how extremely lucky I was to have him. He said he was being told the same, but to this day I don’t believe him. He never ceased to make me feel like the most amazing girl in the world; him and his endless compliments.
One of my favorite things about him was that he wasn’t ashamed to say anything. He quite often spoke of his thoughts and feelings toward me and rendered me speechless. He talked about our future as husband and wife which made me feel less weird for constantly thinking about the same thing. We spent time building our future together- he wanted to be military and then a police officer. I wanted to be a dance teacher and then a mom. Somehow our futures became intertwined.
That was freshman year in high school. That was years ago. We’re still together… well… kind of. He’s overseas right now and I’m in dance college. Piece by piece our future is falling into place. And I love him.

on Feb. 24 2014 at 7:18 pm
LostWithoutYou BRONZE, Aurora, Illinois

Thank you :)

on Feb. 24 2014 at 6:30 pm
ElizabethAnneHall BRONZE, Moultrie, Georgia

Extraordinary things are always hiding in places people never think to look .

I love this . it gives me hope :)