Peter Pan to my Wendy. | Teen Ink

Peter Pan to my Wendy.

February 11, 2014
By MariahLina15 SILVER, Ventnor City, New Jersey
MariahLina15 SILVER, Ventnor City, New Jersey
6 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Maybe it's not about the happy ending, maybe it's about the story." -A


I wonder down Amber Street, scoping out the scene around me. The sky a sweet nantucket blue, and the trees a vibrant green. Pure beauty. I see an old women sitting alone on an old rustic bench, a newspaper clutched in her vainy hands. I suddenly feel sympethetic towards her. She looks content, but lonley. I walk by her, head down, long chesnut brown hair hanging down passed the sides of my cheeks. I wonder about that little old women for blocks. Did she have a husband? Was he just going to grab coffee and muffins for the two of them? Did she have someone eagerly waiting for her to return home? Millions possibilities ran through my head. I pictured myself being old, and lonley. Cold shivers ran down my spine, and goose bumps covered my boney arms. I shook the thoughts out of my head and continued on, the warm sun covering my body like a blanket. Up ahead there he sits. As I approach him I notice every freckle, every detail of his perfectly chiseled face. His auburn hair hangs just above his hazel, alomond shaped eyes. I was completley fixed on him. I watched as he stared at the sky like it was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. His head hung back over the newly painted bench he sat upon. I saw a tugging at his lips and he smiled. I stared at him like he stared at the sky; in complete awe, fixed on the most beautiful thing around.


Everything that surrounded me was a blur, I had completley stopped in my tracks now. Enchanted I was, as he smiled at the sky, his perfectly sized hands placed gently behind his head. Everything about him had me frozen; unable to move, speak, feel, and think. I was numb. Completley unaware that people were starting to notice my staring. Including the object of my affection. His gaze switched from the sky to me, dressed in my skinny jeans and black converse. He met my gaze and I smiled coyly. I continued my walk until I passed him. Silently cursing myself for acting like a total idiot. But my thoughts were interupted by a voice that covered me like a warm silk scarf. "Hey, you dropped this." The voice said. I stared dumbly and just nodded looking down the "Peter Pan & Wendy" book, held in his strong hands. I would have gladly taken the book. Only it wasn't mine. "Oh.. umm that isn't mine." I say, my voice barley above a whisper. He looked puzzeled. I brought my eyes to him and looked at him straight on. Hazel eyes, auburn hair, perfect smile. He looked exactly like Peter Pan. Cocky, but modest. Sweet, but clever. I could tell just by the flicker I saw in his eyes. I realized he was still holding the book in front of him so I seized the opportunity, and grabbed the book from his grasp. He only smiled and blinked his perfect eyes. "What is your name?" He had asked. "Wendy." I had replied, my cheeks turning every shade of crimson. His smile only widened. I felt my heart beat faster. "Peter." He told me. "My name is Peter." I couldn't do anything but stand there, wondering what this meant. Until I glanced passed Peter and saw that little old lady holding hands with a little old man, a smile spread across her face. Then I was completley sure what this meant .