Hear Me Out | Teen Ink

Hear Me Out

By Cassie3232 BRONZE, Westmansfield, Ohio
Cassie3232 BRONZE, Westmansfield, Ohio

Be yourself everyone else is taken!

Emma was walking to science class, wearing a dark purple long sleeve shirt, skinny jeans and converse when her best friend, Olivia, walked up to her. Olivia was wearing her favorite bright orange sweater, jeans, and boots.
“Are you still coming to my house tonight?” said Olivia
“Of course, I wouldn’t miss it for the world,” said Emma

Emma and Olivia had to go their separate ways so they wouldn’t be late to class. Emma made it to class just as the bell rang. In the middle of class Jake, the captain of the football team, passed her a note.

Beautiful Emma,
I really admire you, we should get to know each other better. I would love for you to go to the movies with me tonight at 7:00. I hope to see you there.

Sincerely,

Jake
Emma was so excited that she was going to be going out with the captain of the football team. Then a thought struck her; she was supposed to go over to Olivia’s hose after school. Emma didn’t know what to do; she had to choose between her best friend and her crush. It was a difficult descicon, When she got home she called Jake.
“Hello,” said Jake
“Hi,” said Emma
“Oh! Hi Emma may I pick you up at your house?”
“Yeah that would be great!”
“See you then.”
“Now what am I going to do?” said Emma when she hung up the phone.
“What am I going to tell Olivia? What is she going to think?
Just then Emma’s phone rang it was Olivia. She didn’t know what to do so she just let it ring. After that she walked downstairs, her mom asked her when she was go over to Olivia’s.
“I’m not,” responded Emma.
“But you two have been best friends since 2nd grade and you have been waiting to go to her hose for weeks. Why aren’t you going?”
“I’m just not, Okay Mom?” Jake is going to pick me up in thirty minutes, so I have to go get ready.”
“Emma, wait did you tell Olivia that you wont be going?”
“No Mom, but she called.” Emma wasn’t going to tell her mother that she was avoiding Olivia. She went upstairs to her bedroom and her phone was beeping. She had a text message from Olivia but Emma ignored it.
“I have to get ready, Jake will be here any minute!” She yelled down to her mom.
She put on a sleek sleeveless black and white dress with black boots. Just then she heard the doorbell ring it was Jake coming to pick her up. She yelled bye then headed out the door. At the movie she was so glad to be with him, except she couldn’t help but think about Olivia and what she was doing. After the movie was over they went to Jake’s house to talk. They talked about what they have in common and they actually have a lot. When she got home her mom asked her if she had fun she said yes. Then she ran up to her bedroom to go to sleep, she noticed on her phone there were six missed calls and five new messages about where she was. She didn’t know what to say so she just ignored it. On Monday during lunch at school Olivia came up to Emma and asked her why she didn’t come over Emma said “I had a date with the just the best person ever, Jake!”
“You know he is a player right? The last girlfriend he had he, after she told him her secrets, he posted them on Facebook and made fun of her along with some other jocks. He just uses girls.”
“Well he’s not! He really likes me and besides you’re just jealous.” Said Emma.
“I am just trying to help you, we are best friends you know.”
“Well your not helping your making it worse and we are not best friends if you are trying to break me and Jake up.”
“Please Emma trust me on this one he is not a good guy”
“Whatever” said Emma as she left Olivia at lunch.
When she got home that night she started texting Jake. He invited her to go to a party with him on Saturday; all the popular kids were going to be there. She was so excited considering Olivia used to be her only friend. Throughout the week Emma continued to ignore Olivia and hang out with Jake. When Saturday finally came she got all dressed up, with her new light blue dress. Once she arrived she felt a little awkward until she found her boyfriend. He made her feel better about herself she was finally meeting people. When Emma left Jake to go talk to some other people, one of Jake’s friends, Ryan, asked him how much he liked Emma.
Jake said, “not at all I am just using her, I didn’t want to go to this party without a girlfriend though.”
“So who do you like then?” asked Ryan
“I like that girl over there.” As he said pointing to a girl with long blonde hair wearing a pretty pink dress.
“Hey I know her, her name is Alaina do you want me to hook you two up?”
“Yeah!”
Jake and Ryan started talking to Alaina and Alaina seemed to like Jake a lot. Later Emma was looking for Jake but couldn’t find him, when she did find him he was making out with Alaina. Emma immediately broke down in tears; she went outside and called her mom to come pick her up. Once her mom got there Emma explained to her mom what had happened. When she got home she texted Olivia and told her what happened too. Emma kept telling Olivia how sorry she was for not trusting her. Olivia immediately accepted the apology because after all they are best friends. After that Emma never ditched her best friend, Olivia, for some silly boy.