Do you remember? | Teen Ink

Do you remember?

January 10, 2014
By kalixoxo SILVER, Cumberland, Rhode Island
kalixoxo SILVER, Cumberland, Rhode Island
5 articles 0 photos 1 comment

A girl walked in a bakery picking out her boyfriend’s birthday cake, and to her surprise there was no one there. She rang the little bell at the desk, no one answered. She got suspicious so went to the back. There she found rose pedals everywhere and a cake with a arrow pointing to the back door, she followed the arrow and when outside found another cake with an arrow except this time there was a card in the cake she took the card and read it, it said, "Remember our first date, you were wearing a blue polka dot dress with red lipstick, and you smelled of honey and butterscotch." she smiled as she remembered, she continued to follow the arrow and there she found a third cake, with another card, "Remember our first kiss? You tasted of strawberries and cinnamon." She once again followed the cakes, but this one had words along side the arrows, "remember the day I said I love you?" she followed once more and at the end there he was by a waterfall with roses it his hand and kneeling with a ring, with soft words he said, "Remember the day I proposed?”....


The author's comments:
This story is to honor to my passed grandmother. She was a wonderful lady and always encouraged my writing.