campers in love | Teen Ink

campers in love

By Keila-Love PLATINUM, Midway, Georgia
Keila-Love PLATINUM, Midway, Georgia

what is love?

Walking down the cobble stone pathway I turn at the sound of someone coming up behind me, knowing I had been alone I hold my breath and prepare to make a run for it. The sound of footsteps became louder as they get closer. I swallow my fear and take off as fast as my legs could carry. Turning into the woods on the side of the camp’s pond I slid and fell on a pile of leaves, wet from the rain storm earlier.
“Layla!”
Turning around at the sound of my name I look up and see Brayden slowing to a jog five feet away.
“What are you doing Brayden? You scared the crap out of me.” Feeling embarrassed I stand and brush the dirt, mud and leaves from my jeans and walk towards him.
“Well I noticed you weren’t at the camps welcoming back party and wondered where you went off to but then I remembered when we were little, campers here ourselves, you always liked to come walk out by the pond. I figured maybe you’d be here.”
“Yeah, well, here I am. You found me.” I fall into step beside Brayden, once again on the trail, while my mind time travels back to my childhood. Back to the innocent times where Brayden and I use to be the best of friends, scaring fellow campers and seeing who could make the best dry noddle necklace during arts and crafts.
I glace sideways and study Brayden's profile out of the corner of my eye. His short, dark brown hair was damp and sticking to his forehead from the perspiration after running after me earlier. His beautiful dark chocolate eyes, that you can’t help but drown in was watching the moonlights reflection on the water. And his lean ripped body that girls are tripping to get a glimpse of without a shirt on, so different from the kind shy but devious boy I use to spend my time at camp with.
While studying him I see a look of hesitation roll over Brayden’s gorgeous face. Determined to know what caused the stress to the beautiful god like boy beside I stop in my tracks and lay a hand on Brayden’s forearm to make him pause.
“Hey, you alright?”

Brayden sighs and turns to face me. Before he says a single word, Brayden grabs my hand and holds it between his two larger ones

“Have you ever wanted to tell someone something but couldn’t?”

Like me wanting to tell you I’ve had a super mega crush on you since we were twelve but couldn’t say or let on to anything in fear it would ruin our friendship? I thought.
“Yes, actually I have” I respond quietly staring at the ground, hoping he doesn’t see the blood rush to my cheeks.

Letting go of my hand, Brayden places one of his long fingers under my chin and tilts my head back, forcing me to look at him.

“I cant believe im going to finally say this but, I love you, Layla”, he says the last part softly, only above a whisper as he rest his forehead atop mine.

The blood in my vains turn solid as the surprise shock of his confession racks my brain. Finally I get ahold of myself and manage the courage to look up into Braydens eyes. How could such a beautiful talented boy ever want a plain girl like me? “But,how?”
“I just do,” braydens arms slowly incircle my waist, pulling me closer. “I always have, Layla, and I always will.”
Suddenly his lips where on mine, so warm and soft. I wrap my arms around his neck,pulling him closer, savoring the touch and taste of him. Several moments later I pull back, breaking the kiss. “I love you too, Brayden”

love is unexpected

Keila-Love PLATINUM, Midway, Georgia

what is love?

ok tinkerbell marie

BTDTuttle GOLD said...
BTDTuttle GOLD, McRae, Georgia

Haters Make Me Famous

Not bad Layla