I won't forget

I won't forget the day I met you. I'll never forget the way you looked at me. It wasn't a good look, or a bad one. It was just a look. And I'll never, ever, forget it.
You had the most amazing blue eyes. Your hair was blonde, and it was perfect. But your smile. Your smile is what lured me in. It didn't set the trap; you did that yourself. It simply helped what you had planned all along.
We started out friends; how did this happen? I guess I was always in love, always caving into you slowly, day after day, month after month, year after year. I was so young, and I didn't understand it. I didn't understand what was happening. It was all too blurry, too complicated for me to fully comprehend. I didn't know how badly I had fallen in love. And now I couldn't get up.
Even after all this had happened, I couldn't stop falling in love with you. Because no matter how hard I tried to convince myself that you were bad news, my heart told me the opposite. Your sense of humor drew me in, and you friendliness made me feel welcome and at home. In your arms was always the best place to be.
What I never knew is that I wasn't the only one who felt this way about you. I'll never forget the notes you left me, and the hugs and kisses we shared. We were one, or so I thought. I was clinging to you so badly, as if you were a part of me, and in a way, you were. But you chose not only to break away, but to do so deceitfully.
And I won't forget the day karma kicked you where it hurt. And that's what made it all worth it. And that's when I found out who my real friends were. It's passed, and things have changed, in me. But I hear you have a new girlfriend. And how long till you get bored of her? How long until you're craving something else? Will you forget what cards fate dealt your way? Will you forget about the hearts you broke, and the lives you changed?
Well, I'll tell you one thing.
I won't forget.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

CreativeMe said...
today at 4:25 pm:
I love this so much it describes how I felt one time. Your a great writer