Scarlet Trees | Teen Ink

Scarlet Trees

November 4, 2013
By Lilpoetryespeon SILVER, Paso Robles, California
Lilpoetryespeon SILVER, Paso Robles, California
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It is I who cannot, Princess Lindessa, and will not welcome this story to be told many times over. So please do listen closely, in particular this is a memory is too painful. Life is expected to reach it’s full extent even more so since I am the princess of Thysia, although that has been putten to an end by a foolish choice.

18 years of age to become in a fortnight. Doesn’t it sounds lovely to be wedded with a fine prince who shall share what become our kingdom? (For it’s every peasant's dream!)
Night 1: I stand at the balcony slowly watching the stars twinkle in the moonlight shimmer over the pond when a servant bursts in, “Milady!!! A gift has arrived from who says to be a man in town to celebrate your upcoming ceremony!!! It was received with an exquisite letter attached.” Oddly enough I decided to open a delightful package for I did know all the peasants in town. A pale dandelion color parchment wrapped a variety of fashionable clothes. Obviously this was a bribe to take my hand in marriage. Continuing examining the package, what caught my eye where the deep scarlet colored pointe ballet shoes and a matching pendant I happened to amiss.

The letter read:
Dear My Dearest Lindessa,
Please enjoy the wonderful gifts provided for such a magnificent event. Everything is made to the finest detail. If everything is right, maybe we could meet up in a couple of nights for I would like to take your hand in marriage.
Sincerely,
Xander Karnazo

Whomever send me this package was definitely descent of a wealthy family and was very encouraging toward the thought of a perfect man. I have been sent gifts since a year in advanced hoping that it could be fit for a new coming queen but this is rather too much for such event. Not even the closest villagers know my hobby of dancing. Contrary,the only closest being to me, is my pet raven that comes and goes as it pleases.


The author's comments:
Please note this is a bit confusing, its meant to be a thrillersuspenseful type short story in chapters.Please comment if something needs to be critiqued.