The Unspoken Love

Silence…some people say that silence is the best way of communication. Eyes…some people say that the eyes are a window into one’s soul. It wasn't his utmost perfect beauty, or his exceptional intelligence, or even his aqua colored eyes. No…it was his silence…the beauty of silence. The motion of his hands and the clearness of his words that came of his lips without any sound enhanced my lip reading abilities. All my friends thought me as strange to take such a fancy toward some one not so…well accepted. But what they said went through one ear and out the other. It was so magical that one with a disability…one who was deaf went to a regular school. But the truth was that he wasn’t really deaf, if someone spoke to him he would reply back motioning with his hands. The truth was that he knew and understood every word that was said to him because of a miracle called lip reading which, in his case was far more advanced than any other human being that I had encountered in my 17 years of life. They say that you can live your entire life without saying a word and still have that one special person that can clearly hear you. His name was…Sergio. And even though he had not said a single word to anyone in his entire life that moment when he confidently walked up to me and created a heart with his hands and pointed to me…that moment I knew he had said his first three words.

He had said…I Love You.