Broken

Cold but soothing, the glass slipper was like silk on my skin. Luxurious things drifted past my eyes on clouds as I imagined the life I would lead. Gazing into those chocolate eyes, my heart melted. Perfect. Swimming in radiant thoughts, my brain sent a beaming smile to my lips when I realized the slipper fitted. Crash. The eyes shattered; the slipper splintered; my dreams disintegrated. Shivering, I pulled my ragged clothes closer – they didn't protect my heart from the icy mist. Suffocating, savage shadows danced on the extremity of my mind. Monstrous. The slipper didn't fit. Are you surprised?

crazyzm said...
Feb. 25, 2014 at 11:49 am
The words you used described your work so well, that it didn't need to be more than 100 words. Great job!

Tizzy said...
Nov. 24, 2013 at 5:13 am
It's breathtakingly good! I thought it was gonna be a happy ending...but that thought kinda after i read the second line...it's really good! Keep it up!

TimexxFlies said...
Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:15 am
I just wanted to say that I have selected you for my WSS. :) You have a good talent, and you first mission is to write an article about a personal experience. I want it done by 11/15/13 <3

Carly_Elizabeth said...
Dang this is good! I thought of cinderella immediately, but then at the end it reminded me of Cinder (an amazing book that if you haven't read, you must read it). Your description was really good and your diction was pretty much perfect. There's not much critisism I can give. Keep up the great writing!

Calliashi said...
Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:52 am
Wow, plot twist! I thought this would be about Cinderella but it seemsmore like her stepsisters or another peasant in the land. Your descriptions were gorgeous and I couldn't do better if I tried.