Alone | Teen Ink

Alone

August 26, 2013
By yourlove-mywings SILVER, Yuma, Arizona
yourlove-mywings SILVER, Yuma, Arizona
7 articles 0 photos 36 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Pay attention to yourselves! If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him, and if he sins against you seven times in the day, and turns to you seven times, saying, ‘I repent,’ you must forgive him.” Luke 17:3-4


“Hey.” You said as you sat next to me.
“Hi. What’s up?” I asked in reply.
You were a little hesitant to ask, “You know that girl? Um… Makenzie?”
I looked up. You blushed. My bestie actually blushed. “Yes. I know her.” Lowering my head again.
“Do you think she likes me?”
Sadness washed over me. Of course. I knew you didn’t like me. Doesn’t mean I didn’t hope. I mean, we’ve known each other for six years, I would’ve thought stronger feelings would’ve developed in you. I guess I was wrong.
“We belong together.” I mumbled.
“What?” You asked.
I blushed and looked up at your beautiful chocolate drop eyes. “Nothing.”
“What did you say, Soph?” You asked again.
“Um… Do you really belong with her?” I asked, blushing again and looking down.
You took my hand. “Soph, I don’t know. I mean she’s really nice, and pretty…” You stared off into space, a glassy look coming over your eyes.
I slowly removed my hand from yours and walked away slowly. I loved you. Couldn’t you see that? I thought you would love me, too. Guess that was another thing I was wrong about.
You apparently decided to ask out Makenzie. You were so happy together, though I wasn’t. After you guys started dating, I was left in shadows. I was following your shadow, but all I was to you was a whisper in the wind, if you happened to catch it. I missed you, our friendship. Makenzie did that on purpose, didn’t you see? Everyday after school it was the same thing.
“Hey, Sophie, did you see me and Brandon after school?” She sneered, sitting down.
“Yes, Makenzie. I just wish you would back off. You obviously don’t love him, like I do.” I said.
“Back off? He doesn’t even like you. You are obviously left in the dust, now that I’m in his life. Just like I planned. And your right, I don’t love him. I just wanted to hurt you, bad.” She said.
“Whatever.” I said, and walked off.
She wants you to forget about me, and obviously it’s working.
The next day, you came up to me.
“Hey, Sophie. Can I talk to you?” You asked.
“Sure.” I replied, sitting down next to you.
“Um… Makenzie decided to butt-call me yesterday, during your conversation. I broke up with her because I didn’t know you liked me, and that she is such a jerk.” You rushed out.
“Oh. OK.” I said.
“Well, bye.” You said, walking away.
As soon as you were around the corner, I started crying. I knew you didn’t like me. You leave me here alone. I guess even after the mean person leaves, you still are blind. You still are mean, and now I’m alone in the shadows, the background. I guess that is where I belong, alone and faded. Will I ever be loved?