I missed by six thousand miles | Teen Ink

I missed by six thousand miles

By VESIE BRONZE, Mountain View, California
VESIE BRONZE, Mountain View, California

The exuberant lights from the glamorous advertisement billboards faded away as I paced myself into the dark, gloomy alley. Puddles from evening’s rain splashed to the end of my trousers, making me grumped exasperatedly. I hate this town, I hate this town, I reaaallyyy hate this town, the mantra repeated in my head. Ugghh! I smell like dirt! I need to wash myself after this. The smell of the town had really ghosted me. Tobacco smoke mixed with the nasty smell of rotten food, and the smell of dampness. In addition to those astonishing features, you might also find the dead bodies of those ‘cute’ little mouse which emitted ‘arousing’ smell. Also, you would not miss the parade of cockroaches in this little town. This town do have its own charm

Why am I here? Why did I take this chance instead of having an enjoyable, lavished vacation with my family? I imprecated myself. To study Chinese huh? ALIBI! It was all for him right? My internal mind struggled. I gave up. I admitted that I despised to be here. The hope that I might meet him here someday was the one that kept me staying. But when would he come? Isn’t he six thousand miles away? You are in the wrong place to begin with girl!

What if there are some other girls who can really fulfill whatever his dreams out there? Then what’s the point of me staying here? I denied that idea fervently as fast as I could. No! He will, he MUST wait for me. MUST! But… What if…? Who will be there for me? Who will be able to understand me the way he does? Who will be able to take care of me? Who will care for me? Who will be able to replace him? Who will be able to compensate my loss? Who will be able to know me that well? Who will be able to ‘read’ my mind? Who will be able to be as perfect as he was to me? None of those boys were as perfect as him! So who will?