Jamie and Elizabeth | Teen Ink

Jamie and Elizabeth

July 8, 2013
By Anonymous

Elizabeth laughed.
God, he loved it when she laughed. It sounded like the stars spilling out of the sky, the most beautiful thing he had ever heard.
Jamie shook himself. Breathe. He wasn’t usually like this! He was so used to being in control, never letting his real feelings escape when it came to girls. But then again, Elizabeth wasn’t like any other girl he’d dated. Sure, there had been a lot of them, but there was no-one quite like Elizabeth.
She was different. She had beautiful long blonde hair and shining blue eyes like the deep eternal ocean. It wasn’t her looks that attracted Jamie though. It was her happy, loving personality. Her fiery defensiveness whenever he contradicted her. Her cheeky habits and the way she always smiled without even realising she was.
Jamie was sunk. He only wished he was good enough for her. His messy golden locks were far from perfect and all he was good at was football. He loved football, but it was nothing compared to Elizabeth.
They had met one night at a pep rally. She had been dragged away from her book and the safety of the bleachers by her best friend Lucy, to talk to Daniel who was Jamie’s best mate. It was safe to say that Lucy had a crush on Daniel. They had stepped outside for a ‘talk’, leaving Jamie and Elizabeth alone.
As soon as his eyes met hers he was in. He could barely take his eyes away from her delicate face. He was met with a sudden urge to kiss her, to feel her lips on his, to hold her. She had looked shell shocked for a moment, almost scared Jamie thought. And then her face broke into that smile.
And now here they were sat, almost one year later and Jamie had never told her how he really felt. Elizabeth, Lucy, Daniel and he were all sat behind the bicycle shed, sharing Swedish Fish and talking and laughing.
Lucy and Daniel were an item now. Jamie saw the way that Daniel looked at her, the way he smiled at the sound of her voice. If only he could freely look at Elizabeth like that.
Jamie took a big breath and leaned closer to Elizabeth. It was time. He said:
“Look, Elizabeth. I’ve been meaning to say this for some time. I love you. I don’t know how, or why or even when this happened. All I know is that when I saw you that night at the pep rally, my life changed. Please say yes. Please be my princess. I love you, baby”.
Elizabeth didn’t say anything. Slowly, she reached over and took Jamie’s hand in hers. She looked into his eyes and he leaned over and kissed her gently on the lips…