Us, teenagers | Teen Ink

Us, teenagers

By SarahMitchell96 BRONZE, Pula, Other
SarahMitchell96 BRONZE, Pula, Other

"The more I see the less I know for sure."~John Lennon

I’m telling you.

Right now and always.

Remember this,

There is a person out there who can erase everyone else. Who can make up for every bad thing that anyone has ever done to you. There is a person who will completely be everything you want, everything you need. Who will love you for exactly who you are. They will be perfect in every way because they just are. You will not want to change a god damn thing about them. You will feel lucky every day to be the one who is always in their presences. Who is their number one priority.

You will feel lucky and grateful, you will not want any more, you will appreciate what you’ve been given, for the first time in your life full of changing your mind, and never knowing what you want.

It will finally be clear and simple.

No more searching for home. You’ll know when you get there, how couldn’t you? Sure, It’s what we all want. Sure, I’m making this seem easy. But trust me, I know it’s not, but f*** settling for anything but the one that is diamonds and milkshakes. F*** living your life wondering, if you made the right choice. Staring at every man that walks by thinking what it would be like to have them, f*** that. Sure, it’s easy to try and be reasonable, practical, find someone who is a really good match, take a good seat instead of waiting in line for years for the best one. But this is the most important decision you will ever make. You will spend your life with this person, everyday. You will maybe raise kids, continue the human race with this person. Are you really going to give up on the idea that there is someone that is everything you always dreamt of and much more? I’m not. I’m stupid. I hope every god damn day that I’m not crazy, and you know what? I’m not. Fairy tales exists, most people don’t want them bad enough. Maybe I’ll fail, and you can all say, -Now look at you, know it all, now you have nothing-. I accept that. It’s not easy to think about, but I’d rather have nothing than never know if the most beautiful creature in the world is mine.

I guess we’ll see.

Live, don't let it pass by