Falling

Maybe I fell in love with the sound of his voice, maybe I fell in love with the roughness of his hands or the smell of his hair. If you ask me though, before any of that, I fell in love with the friendship between us. He had seen me through it all; he’d been by my side through break-ups, through friend drama, through every trivial tribulation of a teenage girl. He had seen me at my absolute best, but more importantly he has been there for me at my absolute worst. They say falling in love is like falling asleep, not at all and then all at once. But I feel like falling in love is like standing in the middle of a snow storm, it quietly builds until you are slowly covered head to toe in it, swallowed by its silence and its beauty. One day we were friends and then slowly, day by day, week by week, month by month the snow began to fall until I was surrounded. The most magical thing of all is, somehow, he was lost in the same blizzard. Both of us, without knowing it, had fallen.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

sleeplessdreamer said...
today at 9:42 pm:
First off, I LOVE this idea of the use of imagery with snow to explain falling in love. I think it's something no one really does or wishes to do. I do think there needs to be more story here, something that I fail to do sometimes too. I think you have a great idea here, and that it could go even farther.  Keep writing! If you ever, get the chance, come check out my stuff. It would be much appreciated.